• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My contract is finally ending YAY!"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by lorakeen View Post
    probably. These big corps suck ass.
    if I was a horrible person, I'd write a very detailed analysis of the project and its flaws and explain what caused it to be likethis, then hand it to my boss' higher ups.
    But that is petty even for me
    find something that they have done illegal - easy in clusters like this and drop a coin on them. Do a few weeks afterwards.

GDPR/TAX/discrimination

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

I wouldn't be given it to the management of your current client, but a bullet point version that you can use to warn people elsewhere as similar problem occurs is worth it's weight in gold, as you can identify problems and go "well the last time a client tried to do that XYZ occurred and you don't want X nor Y so this is how you avoid them".
    Would you really take the word of an outgoing contractor on a gig, especially one that's so vocal and quick to blame everyone else?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    if I was a horrible person, I'd write a very detailed analysis of the project and its flaws and explain what caused it to be likethis, then hand it to my boss' higher ups.
    I wouldn't be given it to the management of your current client, but a bullet point version that you can use to warn people elsewhere as similar problem occurs is worth it's weight in gold, as you can identify problems and go "well the last time a client tried to do that XYZ occurred and you don't want X nor Y so this is how you avoid them".

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Hmmm so client decides to change how things are run in their company and it all goes to rattulip. Not the first and won't be the last.

Why would I, the contractor, care? Not my circus not my monkeys.....
    This is why you flit from low-paid role to low-paid role, mainly within the public sector.

Leave a comment:

• lorakeen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

The savings go to bosses bonuses and the costs come out of a different budget.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

they would be better off if they hired local staff and paid them decently. The money they save on cheap staff goes to people like me, and huge business delays.
    The savings go to bosses bonuses and the costs come out of a different budget.

Leave a comment:

• lorakeen
    replied

ah external experts, its the staff fault because they obviously don't manage the relationship well enough.
    they would be better off if they hired local staff and paid them decently. The money they save on cheap staff goes to people like me, and huge business delays.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

it's even worse as most of the technical staff is outsourced.
    They need to be told what to do and how, but have no personal investment in success.
    ah external experts, its the staff fault because they obviously don't manage the relationship well enough.

Leave a comment:

• lorakeen
    replied

Demoralise staff,
    Screw up company,
    Hire external highly paid experts to fix,
    Staff work really hard to fix issues now they are empowered.
    Credit external experts and managerial acumen for bringing them in.
    Screw staff on wages to pay for external experts.
    Staff leave and demoralised.
    Company is screwed again.

Rinse & repeat.

Pretty much standard sadly.
    it's even worse as most of the technical staff is outsourced.
    They need to be told what to do and how, but have no personal investment in success.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

I don't anymore. have 6 weeks to go and lining up interviews.
    The thing is- this sort of mentality and ****ery is WHY I was brought in. This is what I was supposed to fix. This was what I fixed until boss decided to fall back into the same bulltulip they'd done for 10 years.
    Demoralise staff,
    Screw up company,
    Hire external highly paid experts to fix,
    Staff work really hard to fix issues now they are empowered.
    Credit external experts and managerial acumen for bringing them in.
    Screw staff on wages to pay for external experts.
    Staff leave and demoralised.
    Company is screwed again.

Rinse & repeat.

Pretty much standard sadly.

Leave a comment:

• lorakeen
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Hmmm so client decides to change how things are run in their company and it all goes to rattulip. Not the first and won't be the last.

I don't anymore. have 6 weeks to go and lining up interviews.
    The thing is- this sort of mentality and ****ery is WHY I was brought in. This is what I was supposed to fix. This was what I fixed until boss decided to fall back into the same bulltulip they'd done for 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    where there is mess there is a need for contractors
    Most of my contracts are going in and fixing the mess of the previous lot ... it's a win-win situation .... maybe that's what this new PM is doing now

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Chaos breeds opportunity

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...