• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My contract is finally ending YAY!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You know sometimes you have to direct managers?
    Yeah. Always remember: those that can, do; those that can't, manage

Comment

Originally posted by lorakeen View Post
      Also, as she has some coding experience (different language altoghther) her Highness thinks she can tell me that my code is wrong because "I have never seen this in my life".

After 14 polite emails in which all the team was copied I literally had to remind her, rather unpolitely that I've bene writing code longer than she's been alive and that much as her input is appreciated it is not my job to teach her how to code.

She went on.
      I literally had to remind her i'm an expensive resource and she's wasting company money.
      THis has not been funny.
      My guess is you critiqued her PM skills so she was getting back at you about your code.

As a contractor you are supposed to kiss the permie PM's ass

The fact that she is female is supposed to make it easier not harder.

My guess is you dont like being managed by a female. Probably a subconscious bias on your part.

This is not sexism in itself, many women also hate being managed by other women as well. They prefer to be managed by men.
      Last edited by Fraidycat; 11 August 2021, 13:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

My guess is you dont like being managed by a female. Probably a subconscious bias on your part.

This is not sexism in itself, many women also hate being managed by other women as well. They prefer to be managed by men.
        IMHO I'd say that's a load of crap.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

what on earth for?
          If you're any good the PM will be fine as you make them look good. If they want their arse kissed tell them to foxtrot oscar.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

My guess is you critiqued her PM skills so she was getting back at you about your code.

Right....
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Fraidycat is unliked and unloved
              Oh that's a rep title I've never seen before.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I didn't notice until you pointed it out
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I didn't. I left her alone and continued to do my job while havign to deal with a hostile newcomer.
                  Under the nose of the boss who really doesn't care, I saw myself cut off from any sort of discussion.
                  So I am going to just enjoy the end of this, and leave them in the lurch.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That is funny ... some smart alec MOD I presume?
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

That is funny ... some ???smart??? alec MOD I presume?
                      Maybe Cojak was bored.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X