• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who 2021 to 2022

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Great. Install torrent on my laptop... Anyway, I still have to connect to the tv via HDMI.
    not set up for casting? INKSPE!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I did have torrent on an old laptop, but never got around to reinstalling it on the new one. I barely use it.
      Originally posted by vetran View Post

not set up for casting? INKSPE!
      I could never get it to work. Crap Sony Brevia or Dell XPS. Or something. INKSTIE. (Technical Incompentence).
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Misery.

I don't believe you don't have any torrent tools installed somewhere.
        Many forums ban any sort of advocacy for illegal actions so NAT may, as moderator, be playing it clean.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Many forums ban any sort of advocacy for illegal actions so NAT may, as moderator, be playing it clean.
          Where I live, torrenting is legal - so long as you don't upload.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Much prefer the Culture novels or almost anything by Greg Bear for extrapolative SF. But there are plenty of good old-fashioned "wild and woolly" SF novels out there, some of which are very readable if not particularly informative.
            Try the Quantum Magician - Derek Künsken

Comment

Try the Quantum Magician - Derek Künsken
              I have. Clever ideas but zero atmosphere and I got bored. Nowhere near the likes of Banks or Bear for the story telling (aka "creating a universe" or "padding" depending on your viewpoint!) around that basic premise.

Must admit I'm back to reading the Greats again - Heinlein, Silverberg and the rest. Now they could tell a story...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Must admit I'm back to reading the Greats again - Heinlein, Silverberg and the rest. Now they could tell a story...
                ^^^ This. Not too keen on Silverberg, but Asimov, Heinlein, Niven, Zelazny et al.

Then again, I'd have to excavate some of those out of the garage.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I have. Clever ideas but zero atmosphere and I got bored. Nowhere near the likes of Banks or Bear for the story telling (aka "creating a universe" or "padding" depending on your viewpoint!) around that basic premise.

Fair enough. qntm?

Comment

Fair enough. qntm?
                    Don't recognise that one...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Don't recognise that one...
                      https://qntm.org/

Comment

Working...
                      X