• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dr Who 2021 to 2022

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    Richard Ayoade would be fun. I would actually watch it if he was the next Doc.
    I'm not one for watching children's TV shows, but having him as the Doctor might change that, if they let his own character infiltrate the role.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

The sarcasm was about the offence about Othello. We are talking about changing the Age, Gender & race of a Character who has traditionally been old & white because of diversity, yet activists insist you can't play Othello unless you are black.
      I was aware of that.

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

I'm not one for watching children's TV shows, but having him as the Doctor might change that, if they let his own character infiltrate the role.
      Family TV show. If you want children's shows, try CBeebies or CBBC. I know it's hard to understand the difference, and Chigwell's writing was a bit CBBC at times, but there is one. I recommend starting with CBeebies. It's awesome. Especially their classic Shakespeare and Pantomimes.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why should Dr. Who be human? Maybe he should be an alligator.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

He was in the IT crowd and gadgetman. he was quite good in both, excellent comic timing.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I don't know I agree we should just find a weird/character actor to play the Dr. We should find a good actor who can play weird. Tennant and (perhaps not as much) Smith are serious actors who could do the character justice.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I don't know I agree we should just find a weird/character actor to play the Dr. We should find a good actor who can play weird. Tennant and (perhaps not as much) Smith are serious actors who could do the character justice.
              Adrian Lester would get me watching again.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

That was the intention previously but this obsession with equality means we have to ignore merit and just decide based on colour. All seems racist to me.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Why should Dr. Who be human? Maybe he should be an alligator.
                  You would go for someone with teeth.

Comment

But the funny people mentioned are good actors.

The only problem is having seen them mostly play comical characters you immediately think any non-comical character they play is a send up.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

But the funny people mentioned are good actors.

The only problem is having seen them mostly play comical characters you immediately think any non-comical character they play is a send up.
                      Nah. Try Jim Carrey's serious movies.

Comment

Working...
                      X