• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£600-£650 a day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£600-£650 a day

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-lads-21087843
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

You missed this out -

"Twelve months ago we were paying £525 for every thousand bricks laid - now it's more like £575-600.

"That's just barely going to get lads through the gate.

"Whereas if you needed people sharpish we would have to go up to £650.

"A good brickie can do a thousand bricks in a day - that's in a best case scenario with a labourer and just laying bricks 100 per cent flat out full time.

"Me and Gaz were in a gang ourselves - I was looking back at our bookings from 2007 and we were getting paid £300 per thousand bricks.

"So the rates have doubled - and we were still earning £800 a week back then."
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Typical "headline not matching what was said" tabloid click-bait.

Comment

With 20% fixed tax for construction sector. Bookies and pubs must be racking it…

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

With 20% fixed tax for construction sector. Bookies and pubs must be racking it…
          How does that work????
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

How does that work????
            You bend over and HMRC empty your pay packet google CIS
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

How does that work????
              I thought it was an actual benefit but actually not. You overpay tax then get it back.

vetran is right.

Comment

Seems people in IT think they somehow earn good pay, £600 a day is pretty standard for Southern England even for a plasterer or electrician.

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

It's like deja vu all over again...

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                    Seems people in IT think they somehow earn good pay, £600 a day is pretty standard for Southern England even for a plasterer or electrician.
                    Except we aren't getting up with the sparrows and doing hard physical labour in all weathers to earn it.

I'm perfectly happy sitting on my arse in an air con office or at home and getting paid that thank you.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X