• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Totally Misread This One

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally Misread This One

Just been down to my local branch of Tout’s to stock up for the big match and as I was standing in the queue to pay, the 3 Lions tune comes on the radio and I find myself singing along to it.

Presently, I’m aware that others are looking at me which emboldens me to raise my voice hoping that it would lead others to join in. Given the current national fervour surrounding the national team, I was imagining that this could turn into one of those amazing “Hands across the ocean” moments and there would be little old me at the centre of it all.

I was thinking the line of weird beards perusing the Amateur Modeller magazines would start swaying from side to side in unison. The 2 Muslim girls in the wine section would lift their veils and provide a wailing Bollywood style descant to the chorus and even the slow girls on the tills would heave their not inconsiderable posteriors into action and treat us to a gingham clad twerking routine.

So just before I launch into the big “Three Lions on a shirt“ finale, I let slip a quick “c’mon everyone” to implore everyone to come together and create this magic moment.

Sadly, it was at the point the words left my lips, in other words the point of no return, that I realised the gravity of my error.

I put my basket on the floor and made a swift exit. Very embarrassing though thank feck we’ve got a Londis in the village too.

FOG

Comment

Indeed, feck off, gricer.

Comment

I'm guessing Gricer turns expansive and exuberant in his anecdotes when he's necked a few tinnies
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I'm guessing Gricer turns expansive and exuberant in his anecdotes when he's necked a few tinnies
          Or just a small sherry.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by The Server Side Guy View Post
            I was imagining that this could turn into one of those amazing “Hands across the ocean” moments
            Inneresting.

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
            Fancy live-linking your bash with my piss-up later on for a kind of "hands across the ocean" moment?
            Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
            I can't really believe they buy that "hands across the ocean" tripe
            Originally posted by zoco View Post
            Some nice pics here in a kind of hands across the ocean type way.
            Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            we can all link up in a hands across the ocean / last night of the proms type scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Indeed, feck off, gricer.
              WHS.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Oh, so this is who this infamous Gricer chap is.

There used to be another uk contractor forum back in the day, cant remember the name/url.

It was an unmoderated forum full of uncensored swearing and some racists and anti semites used to hang out there.
                If i recall one of the member(s) even posted pictures of the holocaust and would laugh at them.

It was a real cesspit at one point. Although eventually they cracked down on the worst aspects. The uncensored swearing remained.

I guess it closed some time in the naughties.

And this Gricer poster became homeless and has been trying to hangout here ever since.
                Last edited by Fraidycat; 4 July 2021, 09:32.

Comment

Don't get this Gricer identity thing. Can someone explain it?

Not sure saying "hands across the ocean" is proof.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 4 July 2021, 10:43.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

WHS.
                    Cant you do something about it?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X