• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Car Rant: F**k Mercedes Roadside Assistance *****rs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    this has made my day
    what aTw at the roadside suffering the ignominy of calling the RAC or Paddy hoping for free fellatio?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Told them I am going to cost them at least 10 mln quid in sales over the coming years
      If you stop crashing them at the current rate, you'll be getting close to saving £10m on replacements. Although if I were you, I'd consider buying a Dacia. You can crash those at ten times the rate, and still save money
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

My 2017 Discovery has a full size spare.
        #JustSaying
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

How do you even expect roadside assistance from them if you don't get your car serviced at the authorized dealer.
          its the same for all the car brands.

Comment

Car snob who doesn't get a performance vehicle serviced at a main dealer. Fur coat and no knickers job.

You take on an AMG (not a diesel AMG wannabe) knowing that it's a high performance vehicle that needs appropriate TLC. You're not paying for the luxury of a natural straight six Porsche that only needs to be serviced every other year, you're getting it a lot cheaper and the extra costs are in maintenance.

By the same token, buy a 75 grand Gallardo and make sure you've got 50 grand set aside to run the fecker for three years.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Has AtW even explained what the problem was, I couldn't follow his post with <2 coffees? He has AA cover but didn't use it?

Did he say he doesn't have a spare, or that he doesn't know how to change it? What a millennial
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	84251.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	4168953
                Only £5.59 from Toolstation.

HTH
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  My 2017 Discovery has a full size spare.
                  #JustSaying
                  My 2004 350Z does too

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	84251.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	4168953
                    Only £5.59 from Toolstation.

HTH
                    Toolstation - now, if ever there's a place to buy a replacement AtW.....
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

As per Manky, get to know your motor better. Performance cars need spares, preferably full size due to the punishment the tyres take. Even if you only use it for the weekly shop breaking down is hazardous. Personally wouldn't buy one that has been made 'to a price', too many unknown corners cut.

Every Jag I've had has had a full size spare. Breaking down on the M4 in a snow storm one night and getting the spare on in 10 minutes was far safer than waiting for the AA.

Comment

Working...
                      X