• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

R>1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Since drinking on the Tube was banned, there's a dearth of public access drinking spots now
    FFS so another OAP asleep in the sun on a bench outside the library with a can next to him.

Hopefully he's still there so he gets a shower....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Granted there is nothing in the law stopping them. Common sense of organising a large gathering when they are actually off because they've been pinged or are isolating due to close contact is well... erm.... yeah.
      That's the point, they're not pinged due to a close contact. They are sent home en masse due to a very crude system which everyone agrees is rubbish, and indeed has been dropped for next term.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

All I'm seeing is yet more support for not having kids.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          All I'm seeing is yet more support for not having kids.
          Luckily they grow up and hopefully move out...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

That's the point, they're not pinged due to a close contact. They are sent home en masse due to a very crude system which everyone agrees is rubbish, and indeed has been dropped for next term.
            Indeed but the infection rate is going through the roof. Crude maybe but can't deny the figures. It isn't me so it's all OK mentality isn't getting us anywhere at the moment. Next term is nearly two months away.

I don't see many people agreeing it's rubbing? The infection rates are rubbish. The methods of handling are the best we can do.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just listened to PMQs.

When answering Iain Blackford, leader of SNP, Boris Johnson admitted we are in the middle of a third wave....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Just listened to PMQs. When answering Iain Blackford, leader of SNP, Boris Johnson admitted we are in the middle of a third wave....
                He lied, again - in the middle would be at peak infections (or even deaths), we are just starting it

Comment

Rest of the world: "Well lets hope Delta doesn't mutate further into a vaccine resistant strain"
                  England with their 'lets infect as many people as possible approach': "Hold my beer..."

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Indeed but the infection rate is going through the roof. Crude maybe but can't deny the figures. It isn't me so it's all OK mentality isn't getting us anywhere at the moment. Next term is nearly two months away.

I don't see many people agreeing it's rubbing? The infection rates are rubbish. The methods of handling are the best we can do.
                    So you think if one person in your office gets Covid, everyone on the floor of the building they work should have to isolate? That's basically the school model.

I know rather a lot of teachers and they all think it's rubbish. They get told to isolate when someone they haven't even been in the same room as gets it, children who barely have any contact with each other have to, etc.

These are NOT the best methods, which is why the government has ditched them.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

He lied, again - in the middle would be at peak infections (or even deaths), we are just starting it
                      Originally posted by dsc View Post
                      Rest of the world: "Well lets hope Delta doesn't mutate further into a vaccine resistant strain"
                      England with their 'lets infect as many people as possible approach': "Hold my beer..."
                      I might be wrong about this but we might not be through the pandemic just yet and the worse is yet to come.
                      It might sound like a bit of a doom but we shall consider all possibilities.

The challenging part would be: vaccines are losing efficiency over time and people vaxed first during first wave with AZ or even the others are starting to be vulnerable again. We have more resilient strains that spread quicker. Delta being the first of it.

The response of the gov doesn't make any sense, unless it is a mitigation for something bigger going on that they are trying to hedge against.

Social unrest I think is a bit factor also, we have rising inequality during the pandemic (that was already and high levels before it).
                      Revolts and social unrest is probably not an outcome they would want to have in a jurisdiction that prides itself with stability. Let's not forget the breadwinner here is 'The City'...

So I think they might be letting the virus run wild so that it scares the people and also justifies more extreme measures when economic consequences of businesses panicking come though. ( stability has been sustained by confidence in vaccines, working towards the light at the end of the tunnel, we had freedom day now, if those things change we might not have financial stability for long)

this appeared yesterday in my youtube feed, sounds a bit extreme but might have some truth in it.

Comment

Working...
                      X