• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Signs you're getting old (according to the Daily Rooney)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Not my thing. I can see why your missus would enjoy you dressing like someone else though
    strangely in ~30 years she has never suggested that. I bow to your greater experience, hint them asking for two bags is to make you doubly handsome!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

what's wrong with cappucino. I like it and I am 18 only.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        what's wrong with cappucino. I like it and I am 18 only.
        It is a peculiar one. I think maybe because it's assumed that the yoof like de-caff, organic, pumpkin spice lattes made with milk from oats harvested on a full moon or other milky drinks with only a bare hint of coffee sold by conglomerates that like to avoid paying their taxes.

Cappucino is a respectable beverage when compared to those.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

strangely in ~30 years she has never suggested that. I bow to your greater experience, hint them asking for two bags is to make you doubly handsome!
          You certainly have far more experience of marriage. I hadn't realised you were so old, that explains the need to try and spice things up I suppose. Just the 15 years here, still the first flush of romance
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

You certainly have far more experience of marriage. I hadn't realised you were so old, that explains the need to try and spice things up I suppose. Just the 15 years here, still the first flush of romance
            Strange I brought My wife underwear on our first holiday decades ago. Maybe you can't stand it spicy?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Signs (more for guys) that you are approaching the big 100:

* You call the radio the "wireless"

* You call jeans "dungarees"

* You call guys "old boy"

* You worry about picking up any dropped coin of denomination less than 50p

* You still wear ties and a jacket outside work

* You still have to wear ties _in_ work (?)

* It takes ten minutes each morning to take all your daily pills

* You smoke a pipe

* You know the words to any popular song written before 1960

* You say "dash it all" instead of "Feck it!" (I know a local old timer who still says "dash it", but he must be one of the last ;-)

* You don't use or own a PC (but pester friends to print things and look them up, like one of my elderly neighbours! )

* You say "I'm off to Bedfordshire" each night without fail when you're going to bed

* You remember old money (LSD - librae, solidi, and denarii, thrupenny bits, farthings, etc)

* You remember rationing

* You remember the Blitz

Um, any others ?
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 30 April 2021, 15:04.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Bit like those stupid survey questions you used to get in the paper.

Friend of the family once took one supposed to predict how long you could expect to live from lifestyle questions health etc. It reckoned she should have died 5 years ago.

Basically aload of B#####ks

When I used to skydive back in the late 90's, country file weather was always watched by all at the parachute centre as best prediction of the weather for the week.

And sneakers is an americanism.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

* You say "I'm off to Bedfordshire" each night without fail when you're going to bed

Um, any others ?
                  The full phrase is "up the apples and pears to Bedfordshire"

Comment

BBC 6Music for me, it's where all the cool kids hang out.

And Mary Anne Hobbs has a voice like silk.

They played Queen by Perfume Genius the other day, they get my vote.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Hmmm. Radio choice number 1 in my recently purchased little van is Gold. Guess that makes me ancient.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X