• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horizon IT Scandal: Postmasters await justice today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

The government will step in and provide tax payers money to fund a new Post Office. A company that defrauds and falsely imprisons its employees doesn't deserve to survive.
    Even though the Post Office is a PLC its 100% owned by the government still
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Fujitsu were the only group that I worked with that I would say were institutionally unethical. Staff behaviour that I witnessed included bullying, dishonesty to the point of fraud, stealing work from juniors and passing it off as their own to deeply unpleasant sexual harassment.

I'm not surprised they are involved in all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Oh I hadn't realised that thanks, my point still stands should they have the powers if they are operating as a PLC?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Of course just as this flawed IT system under-accounted for money, leading to these theft allegations, I imagine there will have been times when it did the opposite and over-accounted for money, leaving the sub-post masters and mistresses with unearned income.

Not that's any real consolation, mind, given the nightmare of a situation they were in due to the former.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
            Of course just as this flawed IT system under-accounted for money, leading to these theft allegations, I imagine there will have been times when it did the opposite and over-accounted for money, leaving the sub-post masters and mistresses with unearned income.

Not that's any real consolation, mind, given the nightmare of a situation they were in due to the former.
            When there was a deficit the postmaster was expected to make it up and where there was a surplus they got rapped on the knuckles for sloppy accounting and the Post Office kept the money.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Paula Vennells has resigned form the boards of Morrisons, Dunelm and is stopping (for the moment at least) being a priest
              That still leaves Imperial NHS
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

There's a petition on 38 Degrees for Paula Vennels to be stripped of her CBE. I think it should have been set up on the parliament site but it's still a shame that not many people have signed. I would have loved to see it be officially discussed.

Please do the needful:

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...lls-of-her-cbe

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  There's a petition on 38 Degrees for Paula Vennels to be stripped of her CBE. I think it should have been set up on the parliament site but it's still a shame that not many people have signed. I would have loved to see it be officially discussed.

Please do the needful:

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...lls-of-her-cbe
                  Signed.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yep, around 700 poor sods apparently.

Even now the Post Office only apologises when its forced to.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Post Office is a Ltd company. At Fujitsu we called it POL (Post Office Limited)

Comment

Working...
                      X