• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horizon IT Scandal: Postmasters await justice today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Post Office is a Ltd company. At Fujitsu we called it POL (Post Office Limited)

So you were part of this project.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

shocked moi?

Let me guess he & Suity were the most likely to be part of a car crash project in their college year book?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

No read what I said earlier in the thread

Comment

And it looks like The Post Office is still doing the dirty on them, with Fujitsu slinking away in the background.

I’d bet a good wodge that staff in Testing and Service Management knew that there were problems with it. Makes my blood boil.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            And it looks like The Post Office is still doing the dirty on them, with Fujitsu slinking away in the background.

I’d bet a good wodge that staff in Testing and Service Management knew that there were problems with it. Makes my blood boil.
            plenty of anonymous whistleblowers have reported this over many years. Fujitsu covered it up. Civil servants were part of it but maybe didn't know the extent of the problem. Senior civil servants, I reckon anyway, found it easier to agree with Fujitsu as that's why you outsource (it's someone else's problem).
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

plenty of anonymous whistleblowers have reported this over many years. Fujitsu covered it up. Civil servants were part of it but maybe didn't know the extent of the problem. Senior civil servants, I reckon anyway, found it easier to agree with Fujitsu as that's why you outsource (it's someone else's problem).
              https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...ected-of-theft

"This is not the first-time evidence of the Post Office security department hiding evidence has emerged. During a Court of Appeal hearing in 2021, it was revealed that the Post Office instructed employees to shred documents that undermined the integrity of the Horizon computer system. The person responsible for giving instructions to shred documents was, like Marsh, a former head of security at the Post Office."

Comment

<cough>https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...f-the-building</cough>

I hasten to add that even though I was a contractor at ICL Retail Systems in the late 80s(courtesy of DodgyAgent) I was not involved in the Post Office projects.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

This is a failure of software QA/testing should have been spotted before it got anywhere near production.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Follow the money. Big value contracts for Mick Mouse systems unfit for purpose.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Follow the money. Big value contracts for Mick Mouse systems unfit for purpose.
                      Same as it ever was...

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X