• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it because I isn't black enough?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

The irony with Vetran is he isn't ex-service, despite his CUK name.
    I always thought it was a badly spelled contraction of "Vectra Man".

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

FTFY
      You open yourself up to insults because of the dribble you post. You make yourself an easy target to ridicule.

HTH
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

You open yourself up to insults because of the dribble you post. You make yourself an easy target to ridicule.

HTH
        still not feeling it!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Must sound sexist, but I've noticed that the sanctimonious attention seekers who raise these ridiculous vexatious criticisms are nearly always women

2021-04-14 White XR eco-warrior claims giving pupils too much dairy is 'RACIST' in row over plant-based food on school menus because 'many in BAME community suffer with lactose intolerance'
          Here we go again. Someone called Lizzy Dunford says there must be a post-mortem into Jane Austin, for her appalling habit of taking sugar in her tea and wearing cotton clothes.

It seems this Dizzy Lizzy wants to single out Austin for supporting slavery!

2021-04-19 Jane Austen museum launches BLM-inspired 'interrogation' of author's love for drinking tea and wearing cotton due to slave trade links
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Here we go again. Someone called Lizzy Dunford says there must be a post-mortem into Jane Austin, for her appalling habit of taking sugar in her tea and wearing cotton clothes.

It seems this Dizzy Lizzy wants to single out Austin for supporting slavery!

2021-04-19 Jane Austen museum launches BLM-inspired 'interrogation' of author's love for drinking tea and wearing cotton due to slave trade links
            "A museum devoted to Jane Austen has sparked fury " In a Daily Telegraphs journalist's hypothetical target audience, and then reported by the Daily Mail.

What's really happened is that the Jane Austen museum has decided to educate concerning slavery during the 17/18th century and this is being use to sell more DT and DM papers.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

What's really happened is that the Jane Austen museum has decided to educate concerning slavery during the 17/18th century ..
              And what the heck does slavery have to do with a Jane Austin museum?

It's like a cake shop suddenly deciding to start selling solar panels, because, well just because they're trendy and the owner wants to look virtuous and woke!

Comment

And what the heck does slavery have to do with a Jane Austin museum?

It's like a cake shop suddenly deciding to start selling solar panels, because, well just because they're trendy and the owner wants to look virtuous and woke!
                I've highlighted the clue for you. See if you can spot it
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I've highlighted the clue for you. See if you can spot it ..
                  Ah OK, the keyword is "education" So you were right, it's not at all like a cake shop starting to branch out into solar panels.

I get it now - It's like an electrician's training course instructor suddenly deciding to include renaissance painting on the syllabus

Comment

I've highlighted the clue for you. See if you can spot it
                    You mean Miss Austen consumed a perfectly legal substance - sugar something that had been imported since 1069 when the Africans were only selling their brothers to the Arabs. It was refined in Venice and Columbus not Drake took sugar cane to grow in the Caribbean. The Europeans hadn't even got to Africa - we arrived in the late 1400s.

https://makingsenseofsugar.com/all-a...tory-of-sugar/

Its odd how the only people who are required to have any shame about the slave trade are Europeans. >90% of slaves in the new world were sold by their fellow Africans. The Arabs were buying slaves from African kings in the 700s they continued buying them into the 1800s in similar volumes to the Europeans - to the point the price of slaves doubled because of a shortage of people for the African kings to sell. The British finally stopped this age old trade and we are supposed to be the only one to apologise?

Before everyone exploited Africa for slaves they worked their way around the world. Ask Moses, Spartacus etc.

I'm all for slavery being bad but not for only the western nations to pay for it. We all should take responsibility.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I get it now - It's like an electrician's training course instructor suddenly deciding to include renaissance painting on the syllabus
                      Pretty much, yes. Nothing to get upset about really.

Comment

Working...
                      X