• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it because I isn't black enough?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

That explains a lot!
    Your fondness of gruyere and lederhosen?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Nuclear submariners are possibly the most incredible, you really have to be special to spend months in a steel coffin with a nuclear core.

Seriously nice blokes!
      You really are a fan-boy of all people military aren't you? They must love you down the docks
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Nuclear submariners are possibly the most incredible, you really have to be special to spend months in a steel coffin with a nuclear core.

Seriously nice blokes!
        One of my bosses many year ago was an ex underwater bomb disposal expert based on a submarine. What a ****ing job that is! The mind boggles. Bad enough living on a sub but then exiting it at whatever depth and conditions to go deal with an explosive device underwater. Can't imagine there are many people that would want to do that even if they were capable.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

One of my bosses many year ago was an ex underwater bomb disposal expert based on a submarine. What a ****ing job that is! The mind boggles. Bad enough living on a sub but then exiting it at whatever depth and conditions to go deal with an explosive device underwater. Can't imagine there are many people that would want to do that even if they were capable.
          Never met anyone quite that nutty, that would be like being Red Adair's canary.

If you want to kill your liver go drinking with them - feck me they can put it away.

Comment

Seriously nice blokes!
            I don't know whether they're nice or not, but since they're clearly all insane, I certainly wouldn't want to upset them.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You really are a fan-boy of all people military aren't you? They must love you down the docks
              Hey NLyUK is looking for cheap labour why don't you sign up? You seem obsessed with shagging sailors. - let me guess you are part French?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rs-troops.html

Rather than brothel staff suffering the numerous horrors usually associated with the Occupation, they were patronised by many of the most important figures in the Third Reich, as well as hundreds of more junior officers.

This meant huge injections of cash, almost unlimited amounts of black market goods and even donations of art treasures plundered from more blighted outposts of Adolf Hitler's sprawling empire.
              Despite the vast profits involved, Buisson suggests that it was not just the financial incentive that made the French women welcome the Germans with such warmth.

They were genuinely impressed by the charm and gentlemanly behaviour of many of the Teutonic officers.

Buisson says: 'Everything indicates that the new clients who arrived in the summer of 1940 were given a favourable form of treatment that the seductive power of the Reichsmark alone could not entirely account for.'

In short, the women often preferred the German invaders to their own countrymen.

Comment

Hey NLyUK is looking for cheap labour why don't you sign up? You seem obsessed with shagging sailors. - let me guess you are part French?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rs-troops.html
                You do realise the war is over? And has been for a few years now? And those alive and living the Europe did not fight with, or against us, in WW1 or WW2?

You are slightly unhinged mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

One ex-military bod is fine to work with, but in my experience more than one in the same team, especially if from the same regiment, and suddenly they go all tribal and become intolerant of and intolerable to everyone else!

With PhDs, any number are fine to work _with_, but none are at all OK to work _for_ ! Avoid! I once ended a phone interview early when it emerged the boss I would be reporting to had a PhD
                  Last edited by OwlHoot; 17 April 2021, 09:15.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

One ex-military bod is fine to work with, but in my experience more than one in the same team, especially if from the same regiment, and suddenly they go all tribal and become intolerable to everyone else!

With PhDs, any number are fine to work _with_, but none are at all OK to work _for_ ! Avoid! I once ended a phone interview early when emerged the boss I would be reporting to had a PhD
                    The irony with Vetran is he isn't ex-service, despite his CUK name. He is obsessed with the war and military personnel. He is weird, and probably slightly touched.

Comment

Originally posted by Warty View Post

The problem with me is I am obsessed with vetran, I am desperate to get close to him, I constantly insult him so I feel connected..
                      FTFY
                      Last edited by vetran; 17 April 2021, 18:43.

Comment

Working...
                      X