• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it because I isn't black enough?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    When are people going to realise that No Racism essentially means not making any differentiation based on race?

People can live the way they want as individuals, making any assumption like "he's black with a caribbean background" - he has to eat rice and beans and smoke weed - IS RACIST. The same way that when I lived in the caribbean, people thinking as a white man I shouldn't be eating at Smokehouses or drinking rum from the bottle at the mango tree, but eating at the ritz and drinking in Europubs.

Is Curried goat a "Black food", am I being culturally inappropriate to myself by eating it? As a yorkshire man, do I need to be eating bread and dripping? It's just mental.

People are people, some are gits, some are great, some are inbetween. "A bloke is a bloke".

Racism is fuelled , for me , by 2 distinct sides - those that think people of another race should live like they do or "integrate", or people who think that Idris (I hate him btw) has to eat rice and beans in a BBC program because he's a "heritage".

Actors should get jobs based on merit and suitability, like any other area or work and editing stories or scripts to match race, is for me, making an issue of race and therefore a racist act.

If they added him popping home to visit his mum and showing he is a poor guy made good and he loves his mum who cooks him Goat curry asking when she is going to get a grandson. no one important to me would object. Just as if he was a cockney and his mum ran a boozer where on Sunday he visits to eat roast beef with the trimmings.

Making them more rounded and believable characters is great so long as its done for art not racism.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post

Lot of hate in the world, seriously, I think the internet has a lot to answer for, its polarised rather than brought us together.
      Agree with the other statements you can't have dual standards, either everyone can use the N word or no one can. Those that disagree with categorising people based on their appearance & beliefs shouldn't just transfer to white people.

I learn a lot from the internet and can use reputable sources to correct my thinking. Sometimes I find myself thinking "oh seriously that isn't that big a problem" I look it up and realise in reality it is very common and not well managed.

I talk to people with different viewpoints and get to understand their viewpoint without knowing their situation. Remember on the internet nobody knows you are a Dog/God. That means I see a question and research it.

What the internet has allowed us to do is create flash mobs of none sceptical followers believing what they were told implicitly.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X