• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pubs that check Covid status may be allowed to drop social distancing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Have you started on the Babysham already? That post makes some of my posts look grammatically correct.
    It's a work day today ... I was on a call so slightly distracted Blinkin work getting the way of CUK again
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

In the words of my pub owning friends, they'll do it when the supermarkets do.

Right throughout this anyone could go to a supermarket, buy any amount of cheap alcohol and mingle with large numbers of other people in an enclosed space with no other checks than requiring them to wear a face mask, yet pubs are not allowed to sell carry out from the door regardless of the precautions they put in place.

Carry out sales during the first lock down kept many small pubs afloat, banning it without a shred of evidence that they were a centre for the spread of infection has finished many of them off.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

A nice easy target for you to aim at.
        Thanks! I am a simple sort, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Right throughout this anyone could go to a supermarket, buy any amount of cheap alcohol and mingle with large numbers of other people in an enclosed space with no other checks than requiring them to wear a face mask, yet pubs are not allowed to sell carry out from the door regardless of the precautions they put in place.

Carry out sales during the first lock down kept many small pubs afloat, banning it without a shred of evidence that they were a centre for the spread of infection has finished many of them off.
          Yep I agree they should have kept takeout from pubs going, as you say probably better than popping to the supermarket. Click & collect would work fine.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lots of pubs don't have a license to sell alcohol for off-premises consumption either, so they wouldn't have been able to sell out of the back door unless the council's licensing authority helped them by relaxing those terms.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Lots of pubs don't have a license to sell alcohol for off-premises consumption either, so they wouldn't have been able to sell out of the back door unless the council's licensing authority helped them by relaxing those terms.
              I think that is something that could have been granted temporarily during the pandemic, government make it possible to change licence for off sales with streamlined approval of the council & police.

Comment

You can drink alcohol in a pub at 16 if accompanied by an adult. Just cannot buy it.

My parents pub only stayed in business because of the sale of food. A lot of pubs rely on sales of food. Especially to Families.

No cert for kids, no family meals in pubs.

This is just another moronic statement from the bloody PM. They need to put him in a round room and ask him to stand in the corner.

Comment

I think that is something that could have been granted temporarily during the pandemic, government make it possible to change licence for off sales with streamlined approval of the council & police.
                  Yep, all they had to do was notify the local authority that they wanted to do it and approval would have been given.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Yep, all they had to do was notify the local authority that they wanted to do it and approval would have been given.
                    Seriously or sarcasm?

My understanding is it is more complicated than that.
                    Last edited by vetran; 25 March 2021, 15:37.

Comment

I quite like the idea of a pub that keeps social distancing
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X