• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How not to treat...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

The police are going to get a nice bill to help them stop anyone protesting if the Tory MPs vote for it.
    Glad I don't live in your world, it sounds awful.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
      Cops are just incompetent idiots filled with toxic masculinity.

When there's a peaceful vigil against a woman who was by the way murdered by a police pig...completely unnecessary use of violence.

The week before, when a hord of drunken troglodytes celebrated the Glasgow rangers title win...the useless cops celebrated with them and did nothing.

Utter disgrace.
      It's almost like they weren't the same police, or even in the same country!

'Toxic masculinity'... go back to your safe space.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

'Toxic masculinity'... go back to your safe space.
        and this is why you are part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

You can mock but the bill affects you though you probably believe you will never ever go on a protest of any sort...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There is still a legal right to protest even though we are in a pandemic.
            A right maybe but there is also rules/guidance and common sense that indicate it might not be the best idea.

I don't think working with the police about a covid safe way when people are so fired up and hell bent on going would make any difference.

It was gonna happen either way, the police were gonna bear the brunt of the blame either way. It is what it is.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
              Cops are just incompetent idiots filled with toxic masculinity.

When there's a peaceful vigil against a woman who was by the way murdered by a police pig...completely unnecessary use of violence.

The week before, when a hord of drunken troglodytes celebrated the Glasgow rangers title win...the useless cops celebrated with them and did nothing.

Utter disgrace.
              Dumbest thing I've read in awhile. You don't know how many people got arrested and the issues the police faced. Also there has been history of police attempting to deal with large crowds of football fans. Happened here in Manchester and ended in full blow riots. You can't put two sentences up like that and come to a conclusion.

Police do something in Manchester, get attacked, get blamed. They learn so have to take a hands off approach in Glasgow, get blamed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7402858.stm
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You believe that the police should have extra rights to block/prevent protests? You don't believe in a legal right to protest?

Comment

You can mock but the bill affects you though you probably believe you will never ever go on a protest of any sort...
                  I've been protesting in one way or another for around 30 years. And I absolutely refuse to listen to Liberty's views on anything. You will note in their piece they fail to explain how protests are to be limited, for example, nor what the effects are, merely rolling out the same old left wing polemic.

HTH. BIDI.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You believe that the police should have extra rights to block/prevent protests? You don't believe in a legal right to protest?
                    That's not at risk. What is at risk is what constitutes a protest - ER shutting down the heart of London for a few days probably isn't it.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

That's not at risk. What is at risk is what constitutes a protest - ER shutting down the heart of London for a few days probably isn't it.
                      It sounds like a bit of a slippery slope to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X