• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should transwomen be able to compete in women's sports?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close down competitive “sports” like Olympics because they feck up sportsperson’s health and totally pointless anyway

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
      Go team Zuby!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Flat no. It's utter madness to even suggest that they should. Everyone that says no has solid scientific facts and real life examples, the ones that say yes have zero facts to support the argument. So why is it even a topic for discussion?

I agree we have to pull everything apart to rebuild ready for the new world with no sexism, racism and bias against LBQT+ but there are some areas it just will not work. It's not because we are bigoted, it just does not work so needs a new solution.

Makes my blood boil.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 3 March 2021, 10:23.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Bigots! There is no "transwoman Vs woman" there is just "woman". You are what you identify as. End-of.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            Sports is not the only issue.

Should transwomen have access to:
            Women-only scholarships and bursaries
            All-women shortlists
            Wasn't there an issue over an all woman's prize?

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...defined-by-law

Akwaeke Emezi, who became the first non-binary transgender author to be nominated for the Women’s prize in 2019, has said that they will not let their future novels be entered for the award after the prize asked them for information on their sex as defined “by law”.

When Emezi made the running for the Women’s prize last year for their debut novel, Freshwater, judges said they were not aware of Emezi’s gender when reading submissions and described their longlisting as a “historic moment”.

And Labour had an issue in 2018 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43962349

Campaigners claim 300 Labour members have quit the party over the inclusion of transgender women on all-women shortlists.

Labour sources say they do not recognise that figure.

The party said all-women shortlists had "always been open to all women, which of course includes trans women".

A group of local Labour officials made the claim in a letter to The Times protesting at the way candidates are selected.

The group expressed dismay at what they said was the party's support for gender as a "self-identified characteristic".

They claimed without a gender recognition certificate "any man can simply claim to be a woman" and make a shortlist.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Bigots! There is no "transwoman Vs woman" there is just "woman". You are what you identify as. End-of.
              Ridiculous statement. I identify as a billionaire but in reality I'm just a poor IT contractor who can't wait for retirement to escape the rat-race.

I used to identify as a musician, until I found I couldn't write music that well, likewise a motorbike racer, until I found I wasn't loose of enough screws to be successful (although did get a podium in an endurance race once).

We can all identify as someone else.

I give you a quote from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams:

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Comment

Where do peeps stand on allowing FTM (female to male) trans atheletes to compete against women?

Here's an example, Mack Beggs, a FTM wrestler from Texas (top in the image - look at the size those arms! )

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Yup
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    Sports is not the only issue.

Should transwomen have access to:
                    Women-only scholarships and bursaries
                    All-women shortlists
                    Women's prisons
                    Women's refuges
                    Women's changing rooms and bathrooms

I guess there are similar issues with transmen but probably not as controversial.
                    I'd actually say yes they should for all these .... but the next question is, should these shortlists exist in the modern world, and if so do we need shortlists fot all the 'new' categories that I can't recall!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Close down competitive “sports” like Olympics because they feck up sportsperson’s health and totally pointless anyway
                      Only a fat, unhealthy person who has never won anything in his life would have this view. MF, is that you?

Comment

Working...
                      X