• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should transwomen be able to compete in women's sports?"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Mixed sports where the teams have a mix aren't the same as mixed sports where it could be a team of women against a team of men.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Tennis mixed doubles and
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korfball
    Mixed doubles isn't really the same as open. That's more set up to give the blokes a disadvantage for entertainment

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The only ones I could find are:
    Horse Racing, Equestrian, Sailing (Nacre 17):, Motorbike Racing and Darts.
    Ultra running events over 200 miles

https://www.ft.com/content/0ead55ca-...f-08f9738d6b2b

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Tennis mixed doubles and
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korfball

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

They are all open to all genders? No mens/womens comps? Swimming is strength related, possibly ultra long distance running?
    I am thought ultra long distance cycling and sailing as well as running can be open to both genders on an equal level.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by pr1 View Post

What makes you say swimming? Quick google of world records looks like it's about as different as men v women in running (women ~10% behind)
    Same with shooting unless it's specific types of shooting.

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

I think you've got a handful of sports where women can compete - equestrian, shooting, ultra long distance running and swimming. The sort of events that take strength out of the equation.
    What makes you say swimming? Quick google of world records looks like it's about as different as men v women in running (women ~10% behind)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

I think you've got a handful of sports where women can compete - equestrian, shooting, ultra long distance running and swimming. The sort of events that take strength out of the equation.
    They are all open to all genders? No mens/womens comps? Swimming is strength related, possibly ultra long distance running?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

My point was about other things than sports where there is no physical advantage. Can a women write as well as a man - of course she can no muscle mass needed.

I frankly can't see why you would allow M->F to compete in sports it just makes no biological sense.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    All you need is more categories

Women compete in women's sports
    Men compete in men's sports
    Transwomen compete in tranwomen's sport
    Transmen compete in Transmen's sports
    A bit like sports for disabled people then, where you get put into categories by mobility you get put into sports by testosterone level. Though the Russians wouldn't like it....

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    All you need is more categories

Women compete in women's sports
    Men compete in men's sports
    Transwomen compete in tranwomen's sport
    Transmen compete in Transmen's sports

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Cubicles in changing rooms and toilets in Britain tend to be full length unlike in the US, so in some places you don't know who is next to you. I've been told already that a lot goes on in there I don't want to know or think about.
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Even in cubicled changing rooms a woman isn't going to feel comfortable when the 5 a side blokes arrive. She disagrees.
    She's trying to tell you something there!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Question for the ladies to resolve a discussion me and my better half were having. She says womens changing rooms tend to all be cubicled already, not like blokes ones where you just doff off. She thinks the future is mixed changing rooms with everything cubicled. She's got a point but I still think that will put a lot of women off using them, specially at first until people get used to it. Even in cubicled changing rooms a woman isn't going to feel comfortable when the 5 a side blokes arrive. She disagrees.

Would the members of the forum that identify as female be put off by mixed changing rooms?
    Cubicles in changing rooms and toilets in Britain tend to be full length unlike in the US, so in some places you don't know who is next to you. I've been told already that transwomen use them.

The only places that I've used that doesn't have cubicles are gyms and sports centres. Unless you are swimming you can just turn up already changed and go home in your kit.

In shops in the children's section and some swimming pools they do have family changing cubicles. So you expect parents with opposite sex children using them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X