• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling a prick! Tales of vaccine shots for your edutainment.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling a prick! Tales of vaccine shots for your edutainment.

Got a text last week from the local surgery, you can book your appointment - see enclosed link. Verified it then clicked, booked the second available appointment which was this morning, got a text confirmation and a reminder last night.

This morning I had the Astra Zeneca jab, at the local doctors surgery, it was quite well organised apart from little parking. in & out in under 15 minutes. We waited in the small waiting room 1.5 chairs apart (~1M), with supplied masks and hand gel. They assured me I will get the second dose 11-12 weeks away and the surgery will contact me.

That of course is until you realise they aren't seeing any patients and there is a huge (twice the size of the surgery with plenty of space) closed leisure centre a few minutes walk away with a massive car park, automatic doors and covered areas for waiting.

They asked me if I drove (I hadn't) and told me if I had then I needed to wait outside for 15 minutes. Walking across the car park there was no one sitting being observed before driving, people just walked out and jumped in their cars.

Symptoms I am told are vomiting , fever ,lack of appetite, sore arm, weariness and headaches.

I can confirm sore arm, weariness and headaches. 2 paracetamol popped as I got out of the Doctors seemed a wise precaution and has kept it to a dull headache.

Will update if anything serious happens.

Do share on the thread your experiences.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

The wife got hers Sunday afternoon, felt a bit odd Sunday evening then woke up feeling really rough on Monday. Fatigue, high temperature that paracetamol wouldn't help much with, textbook flu really. She'd planned on having the day off as an option so not a huge deal, much recovered this morning.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Astra Zeneca jab on Saturday
      Very efficient queuing and jab administration
      Thought bolloxs to the wait 15mins afterwards
      Sat no side effects
      Late Sunday evening arm began to throb
      Monday arm feels like its being punched but not enough to take pain relief
      Tuesday symptoms diminishing

Comment

Had the Pfizer last Friday, actually was in a leisure centre type thing, excellent parking, would have been in and out in 3 minutes were it not for the fact that I had to sit on a chair for a further 15 minutes for observations.
        Definitely had the dead arm feeling for at least 2 days, a bit worse than any other recent jabs but hardly a major issue. Also felt really tired yesterday (day 3), but when I put this to my wife she said she did as well, and she didn't get the jab. Read into that what you will.
        The Pfizer test graph showed infections basically stop for those not on placebo at about 14 days, so that it is my relaxation of personal restrictions date (another 10 days). It might mean I hazard a trip to Aldi.

Comment

Had the AZ jab on Saturday. Pain in arm , headache and fever on Sunday. Felt better on Monday.
          I hope second jab side effects will not be worse.

Comment

Had mine last week, Astra Zeneca, mildly sore arm for 24 hours.

Comment

Felt it in arm for a few hours, otherwise no effect on me at all. Yer a bunch of wooftahs!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Showing yer age chaps, I am not even eligible until year 2023...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Showing yer age chaps, I am not even eligible until year 2023...
                  I'm glad i'm not the only whipper snapper around here.
                  Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I'm expecting to be last in the queue. We're not really sure why the wife got invited, she has asthma but not enough to be in a priority group. She had asked to be put on the "if you have any spare I'll come in" list but this was booked a week ahead. I gather that supply to individual sites is a bit erratic so the most efficient way to use it all is not always to only give it to priority groups strictly.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X