• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Feeling a prick! Tales of vaccine shots for your edutainment."

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Had my second AZ jab yesterday. Just a bit of an achy arm this time.
    I had mine at the beginning of the month. No side effects as expected.

I keep getting numerous emails telling me to bring my second jab forward with details of walk-in clinics.

When I went to the vaccine centre for my appointment it was empty as no-one under 41 is getting the AZ jab.

One of the (retired) nurses there said people have been making appointments to have arguments with them....

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Had my second AZ jab yesterday. Just a bit of an achy arm this time.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    https://digital.nhs.uk/dashboards/co...s-dashboard-uk

Interesting view of the demographics of covid study volunteers. Sadly 92% white. Is that a lack of volunteers or poor recruitment practices?
    Poor recruitment practices.

Not helped by a government minister not saying that she was involved in a vaccine trial and instead slamming a journalist who asked her why she wasn't involved in promoting vaccine take up....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You could be right at that...
    Great trade deal with Oz and NZ - Started by Eirikur, 18 May 2021, 10:55
    Last post by vetran Today, 00:38

Oh how could we be so stupid? - Started by vetran, 4 May 2021, 10:30
    Last post by vetran 20 May 2021, 12:29

EU citizen detained and deported at UK border - Started by Eirikur, 13 May 2021, 15:08
    Last post by vetran 13 May 2021, 18:00

That's not the way to do diplomacy! - Started by vetran, 5 May 2021, 12:21
    Last post by Destiny2 12 May 2021, 15:06

James Dyson's Brexit freedom - Started by saptastic, 14 April 2021, 09:48
    Last post by vetran 7 May 2021, 21:40

Another remainer making it up! - Started by vetran, 6 May 2021, 17:39
    Last post by vetran 7 May 2021, 14:48

Well that went well... - Started by DaveB, 30 April 2021, 12:49
    Last post by vetran 4 May 2021, 11:18

I wish they would stop talking the EU down.. - Started by vetran, 4 May 2021, 09:26
    Last post by vetran 4 May 2021, 09:26

Anyway, back on topic. My 25 year old sprog has an appointment for first jab this Thursday! Second four week's after that.
    I need to get out more!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

try the sub forum that is where the deluded thickies hang out!
    You could be right at that...
    Great trade deal with Oz and NZ - Started by Eirikur, 18 May 2021, 10:55
    Last post by vetran Today, 00:38

Oh how could we be so stupid? - Started by vetran, 4 May 2021, 10:30
    Last post by vetran 20 May 2021, 12:29

EU citizen detained and deported at UK border - Started by Eirikur, 13 May 2021, 15:08
    Last post by vetran 13 May 2021, 18:00

That's not the way to do diplomacy! - Started by vetran, 5 May 2021, 12:21
    Last post by Destiny2 12 May 2021, 15:06

James Dyson's Brexit freedom - Started by saptastic, 14 April 2021, 09:48
    Last post by vetran 7 May 2021, 21:40

Another remainer making it up! - Started by vetran, 6 May 2021, 17:39
    Last post by vetran 7 May 2021, 14:48

Well that went well... - Started by DaveB, 30 April 2021, 12:49
    Last post by vetran 4 May 2021, 11:18

I wish they would stop talking the EU down.. - Started by vetran, 4 May 2021, 09:26
    Last post by vetran 4 May 2021, 09:26

Anyway, back on topic. My 25 year old sprog has an appointment for first jab this Thursday! Second four week's after that.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

it does seem we aren't convincing certain cultures of the benefits

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/04/08...ic-minorities/
    Syed Mohsin Abbas ( https://www.mandy.com/uk/crew/syed-mohsin-abbas )

Drug companies are experimenting with vaccines on black and Asians.

Then: Whites are being given priority for vaccinations.

Then: Blacks and Asians are left behind with vaccines.

Then: Don't trust vaccines, I'm not going to be vaccinated.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Interesting view of the demographics of covid study volunteers. Sadly 92% white. Is that a lack of volunteers or poor recruitment practices?
    it does seem we aren't convincing certain cultures of the benefits

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/04/08...ic-minorities/

The latest data from the Office for National Statistics confirms that ethnic minorities in England are considerably less likely to receive a covid-19 vaccine than their White counterparts. [2] While 90.2% of those aged 70 years and over living in England had received at least one dose of vaccine by 11 March 2021, uptake rates were 58.8% and 68.7% in Black African and Black Caribbean groups, respectively. [2] This was followed by Bangladeshi (72.7%) and Pakistani (74.0%) populations, with the most pronounced differences seen in those living in the most deprived areas of England.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Now now. Just because I've been paying attention and you've been getting medical advice from an ex programmer
    it wasn't a pop at you just where to find the yo-yos!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

No, I'm registered on some site or other for research but I've not been eligible for any yet.

I got an email saying I was eligible to take part in a vaccine trial....a month after my first vaccination...

I have however had Covid-19 PCR tests for other research purposes.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Now now. Just because I've been paying attention and you've been getting medical advice from an ex programmer

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Can someone point me in the direction of the anti-vaxer thread? Is there even one?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Can someone point me in the direction of the anti-vaxer thread? Is there even one?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    I had my second jab yesterday, the actual administration of the jab went well, but the backend admin, well..

I had the first jab in the middle of March, but this doesn’t show on my NHS record for some reason. So I’d never be called for my second.

my wife had her 2nd last week, she’s in a younger age group and had her first after me, so I smelled a rat.

I phoned 119 and they confirmed that my record had not been updated for the first jab, so she booked me 2 jabs at Boots, telling me to cancel the second appointment after I’d been for the first.

when I arrived at Boots at the appropriate time they had no record of me, and the booking reference number didn’t show on their system despite it showing to me.

now the second jab has appeared on my NHS app, but the first still hasn’t.

I’m thinking of going in July and having a third jab, then I’ll be able to get a COVID passport.
    Phone 119 again to nag as there's obviously a record there somewhere if they can see it. But having a third in July is a decent plan B

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    My word my arm hurts! Feel very tired as well - but that could be last night's drinkies.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X