• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    When looking at the reputation tab on the user profile, all users have 28,124 reputation points (well, all three that I looked at). The Thanks/Likes tab isn't populated on my profile but is on others.

EDIT: I've doubled checked and the information on the rep tab is the same for everyone - it's MY reputation information. That's why I'm seeing the same score for everyone.
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    A new bug when I look at someone user profile the rep option appears and shows me my rep
    OK, that should be fixed now. The problem was that I'd basically reproduced the technique from the old forum, but on there, that rep list appeared on your control panel, not your profile. As the control panel is, by definition, the one for the logged-in user, it didn't have the check to see if the logged-in user was the same as the user whose info was being displayed. Result: look at anybody's profile and it would show your rep tab, though only to you; other people would see their own

The tab now only appears on your own profile; look at other people's, and it isn't there at all

Next up: work out why people's thanks/likes aren't showing on their profiles, while I'm looking at that bit of the site
    Last edited by NickFitz; 23 February 2021, 18:07.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I typed a post here https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2864511 but it is completely empty after posting...
      It looks as if you've somehow got some table tags in there. Not sure how that happened; I suspect the quote you posted came from a table, and the editor JavaScript tried to be a bit too clever and screwed it up.

I ended up going into the site database and fixing it there, so at least it can be seen now

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Downward dot (last read post) seems to be working for me now. Ta Nick. Can we get the normal link to perform downward dot as that is the thing I would most like to do and I think it was the functionality on the old forum.
        Just checked on the old version I still have running, and I'm afraid your memory is deceiving you - it does the same thing as this one. So you're stuck having to click the dot, at least for now, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I typed a post here https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2864511 but it is completely empty after posting...
          I have had to do refresh of the page after posting it doesn't always take you to the new post.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I have had to do refresh of the page after posting it doesn't always take you to the new post.
            I'd really like to eliminate the ridiculous post-with-JavaScript thing, but it's deeply embedded in the editor code and I haven't found a way round it yet

Comment

A minor bug but a bug none the less

If I click edit on a post but don't change anything I still get the Cancel Edit? alert message when I press Cancel
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                A minor bug but a bug none the less

If I click edit on a post but don't change anything I still get the Cancel Edit? alert message when I press Cancel
                It's difficult to do much about the many and varied failures of their JavaScript, as it's all minified and bundled. There are a few places I've identified where I might be able to hack a patch in, but I'm not sure that's one of them. But I'll check; they use ckEditor (or whatever the capitalisation is) so it's always possible a plugin for that might be able to sneak something in

Comment

A couple of minor css changes

at
                  .canvas-layout-container .canvas-widget {
                  min-height: 4px; // was 24px
                  ​​​​​
                  }

.conversation-status-message.notice {

margin-bottom: 15px; // was 22px

}

.pagenav-container {
                  margin-top: 10px;
                  margin-bottom: 10px;
                  // both were 15px
                  }

that should reduce the header by about 30-40px without impacting anything if a banner needs to be displayed
                  Last edited by eek; 24 February 2021, 08:32.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Go to first unread post button appears to have stopped working

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      Go to first unread post button appears to have stopped working
                      I'm getting intermittent issues with it too - its sometimes taking me to the previous "last unread" post mark, although i've since read it.

Trying to find a pattern to help NickFitz out, but it may be something to do with when the unread posts are over multiple pages.

Comment

Working...
                      X