• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    I've been asked to investigate the cause of the hangs which result in both the JavaScript errors and the CloudFlare timeout messages (they're the same thing at heart) so with a bit of luck things will be sorted out in a few days

Good job I'm on holiday this week so I have the time to work on it

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Of the 13k "users" about 10k have never made a post.

And looking at some old posts, Specifically In General, some haven't made a post in 10 years or more.

Where are they now?

SallyAnne.

Xenophon.

Threaded.

etc. etc. etc.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Expect there'll be a purge of retired old fart contactors to cut the number of users.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Seriously, admin, this website is becoming a bit of a joke:
    Particularly when it's a site of 13,000 IT experts

But yeah, it's getting seriously annoying now.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Seriously, admin, this website is becoming a bit of a joke:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...se#post4276145

When it's up, the same issues keep appearing with no apparent fixes on the horizon. I might consider flouncing

Leave a comment:

• Contractor UK
    replied
    Thanks for this - we will have a look why this is happening and get it fixed.
    Looks like it is a Cloudflare 524 error. Apologies all - will sort.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 17 October 2023, 12:02.

Leave a comment:

• dsc
    replied
    I was just going to post and ask why the forum is in such a sorry state and found this thread. I get the same 524 error often, also 50% of the time the forum simply doesn't load and I get a timeout. What actually happened to lead to this?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Just posted a response on the mortgage affordability thread and got the following...
    Code:
    Error while saving content: %1$s

Error information: " 524 error "
    Yep I'm getting this as well and when I open other windows I get cloudflare problems. Seems to work fine until I post which takes forever and I get the same error. After that everything doesn't load. Have to quit chrome and start again.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Just posted a response on the mortgage affordability thread and got the following...
    Code:
    Error while saving content: %1$s

Error information: " 524 error "

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I posted a new thread in General. It took forever to post then gave me a 524 error, and now no one can read it.
    If people learn to use 'Latest Activity' it's possible to read the post.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X