• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

20 years ago - what were you doing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 years ago - what were you doing?

After reading a theregistor.co.uk article, I just wonder what the denizens were up to 20 years ago this day.

I was working on a SAP project for a government department. Low hours, high pay and a licensed bar in the basement. But NYE, my family and I went to a village party. I remember most people brought their kids, so there were chairs pushed together from about 10pm onwards, so the little darlings could sleep. My little darlings were tough enough to curl up on coats on the floor.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

I was working in accounts for a medical marketing company in Worthing, West Sussex. Not literally on this day as chances are I was in a pub, being a mere 23 years old....

Comment

I took a short gig for a recruitment company to look after their Y2K issues. As luck would have it, they had no issues. Except the management were utter s and all the IT staff wanted to leave. Still, I was on a nice daily rate
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I was 13, so not a fat lot. Grandad.

Comment

Sailing boats for a living in Cape Town. "Retirement" job after 15 years as an accountant.

I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I was about to start my first proper UK IT job

Comment

I was sitting on online waiting to get the last post of 1999 on CUK

AtW
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ok boomer.

I was at college.

Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I had just finished my 3 month’s notice and was about to begin my contracting business. On this actual day we were about to cycle into my home city, park the bikes in the lot of my now ex-company, and enjoy the general merriment.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I was in Edinburgh, having been invited there by a young lady friend.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X