• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

20 years ago - what were you doing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting in a whiskey company board room waiting for the production lines to stop (after 18 months of hard work to ensure it did not) on £1500 for the night with several others, at 2am everything was working fine and the director opened the special whisky bar (whisky you could only dream about drinking it was so expensive) and we all got pissed

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
      Ok boomer.

I was at college.

OK snowflake. Gen X. Not boomer.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I was on my 15th divorce.

Comment

That was nearly 10 years before I started contracting or even working in IT.
          I was working as a materials buyer for a Taiwanese manufacturing company, I'd split up with my long term partner two weeks earlier & on NYE I was at the street party in Glasgow. It's the one and only time I did a NY street party! Not recommended.
          Three months later I bought my first flat & spent the next five years absolutely caning it [emoji23]
          If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Inntresting

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Inntresting

That's because you've no life.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I was sitting on online waiting to get the last post of 1999 on CUK

AtW
                Did you party like it was nine-teen nine-ty nine?

Comment

I was working in the newspaper industry as a software dev. Think i was in the 2nd year of a business/management degree.

Probably single and spent new year in my dodgy dockside apartment.

Comment

Writing Java servlets.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I was a top notch IT contractor just like I is now.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X