• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spanish say we're having the Canadian model. Although I thought we weren't allowed migration control and lots of tariff free (not everything) trade.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Totally as the man said being a British product still attracts a premium.

Wool jumpers from Scotland / Wales Steel from Sheffield.

If you look at other successes such as Dyson, Bayliss (wind up radio) raspberry pi etc manufacturing can be done abroad but the thinking done here.
      Indeed. There's still the market trader philosophy about it though; Napoleon had us bang on.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        The Spanish say we're having the Canadian model. Although I thought we weren't allowed migration control and lots of tariff free (not everything) trade.
        not entirely bad as I understand it.

The french farmers won't care so long as they can roast a british lamb or two on the motorway.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The french farmers won't care so long as they can roast a british lamb or two on the motorway.
          Sounds good; the Russians have good economic relations with Canada and we need to start distancing ourselves from whichever lunatic wins the US election.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Would this be the Canada-EU trade deal that a little bit of Belgium is threatening to block? The EU isn't interested in trade, it's a self-serving political exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Do you want a revolution? because that's how you get a revolution.
              A revolution in the UK is changing TV channels from the couch. A DFS couch that's still to be paid off.

Revolution, ha! MP's know it'll never happen. What country do you think you're in, France?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It looks reasonable. There is a small enclave of Belgium currently blocking the deal with Canada but that should be sorted in the next couple of weeks.

If we had never been a member of the EU then this sort of deal would always have been on. Just a few petty eurocrats who want to punish us but they will soon be pushed aside.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  A revolution in the UK is changing TV channels from the couch. A DFS couch that's still to be paid off.

Revolution, ha! MP's know it'll never happen. What country do you think you're in, France?
                  We won't have revolution while it's financially better to be on the dole than in a job, no question about it.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

A bunch of senile old buffers conducting a revolution.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                      Would this be the Canada-EU trade deal that a little bit of Belgium is threatening to block? The EU isn't interested in trade, it's a self-serving political exercise.
                      It's one tiny bit of Belgium, not even the whole. Shows what a shambles the EU is and why it takes them so long to do anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X