• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Which part of I know people can be sanctioned do you not quite grasp. My comment was the example you gave is not valid....
    what being sanctioned for being late for a meeting?

which part is not valid?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Which part of I know people can be sanctioned do you not quite grasp. My comment was the example you gave is not valid....

Job Centre staff - a lot now are on fixed term contracts - have been complaining over the targets they have been given to sanction people anonymously in the media. They have to be anonymous as the DWP can sue them for breaching their contracts as well as sacking them. So the JSA staff choose people who aren't too bright to target as they won't know how to kick up a fuss.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        what being sanctioned for being late for a meeting?

which part is not valid?
        Did you work on that side on universal credit, I don't remember you in any meetings regarding it.

The example you gave you result in a disciplinary at minimum for the staff member responsible
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Why don't you actually read the document for once? It's all in there.
          Why don't you answer the question?

Just one of those mysteries of life, I guess.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Did you work on that side on universal credit, I don't remember you in any meetings regarding it.

The example you gave you result in a disciplinary at minimum for the staff member responsible
            I did not, however I believe the Trussell trust to be a reasonable source for facts regarding sanctioning they work closely with most of the government organsisations.

Whilst there may be improvements with the Universal credit its random imposition still offensive. There is documentation of this happening.

Are you denying this have has ever happened? Are you denying this has not seriously affected people? Are you denying the imposition of sanctions was disgusting?

Obviously these are all lies

A list of completely ridiculous benefit sanctions people have experienced | Blog | False Economy

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...trative-errors

How benefit sanctions punish people with mental health problems the hardest - Mirror Online

You know of course CEOs (traffic wardens) are on bonuses and graded on issued tickets I suspect job centre staff are similarly marked.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Boris Johnson makes light of 'semi-parodic' pro-EU column

It's becoming clear A50 activation will not happen by March. The government seem to be looking for ways to escape responsibility for executing the mandate when May said she would. The government could continue to vote down the brexit plan indefinitely.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                The government could continue to vote down the brexit plan indefinitely.
                Your understanding of British parliamentary process is laughable, which makes it rather difficult to take anything you say seriously that depends on such an understanding. How does the executive "vote down" a motion that is binding upon it? It's the executive (primarily) that proposes legislation! Unless the executive offers a motion that can be amended, there's no scope for a binding vote on A50. An opposition motion is not binding, even if it carries the house. Why on earth would the executive offer an opportunity for a binding vote unless they intended to do so? Doh!

Incidentally, if you'd been paying attention, you'd know that the story you linked is old news. It was Boris that told everyone he was writing two articles to see the competing arguments on paper. His bremain article was crap, just like your understanding of Parliament

The only scenarios in which A50 does not get triggered by March is if the gov't falls or the Supreme Court rules against it (either outcome of the current case is going to end up there).

Comment

But the vote was advisory wasn't it? There is no legal requirement to carry out the deed.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Boris Johnson makes light of 'semi-parodic' pro-EU column

It's becoming clear A50 activation will not happen by March. The government seem to be looking for ways to escape responsibility for executing the mandate when May said she would. The government could continue to vote down the brexit plan indefinitely.
                    A recent poll showed that the vast majority favour the single market over immigration controls.

May Urged to Reveal Brexit Strategy as Lawmakers Push for Vote - Bloomberg

It looks like there are a lot headwinds against Theresa May's Hard Brexit approach.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Your understanding of British parliamentary process is laughable, which makes it rather difficult to take anything you say seriously that depends on such an understanding. How does the executive "vote down" a motion that is binding upon it? It's the executive (primarily) that proposes legislation! Unless the executive offers a motion that can be amended, there's no scope for a binding vote on A50. An opposition motion is not binding, even if it carries the house. Why on earth would the executive offer an opportunity for a binding vote unless they intended to do so? Doh!

Incidentally, if you'd been paying attention, you'd know that the story you linked is old news. It was Boris that told everyone he was writing two articles to see the competing arguments on paper. His bremain article was crap, just like your understanding of Parliament

The only scenarios in which A50 does not get triggered by March is if the gov't falls or the Supreme Court rules against it (either outcome of the current case is going to end up there).
                      We need a "frothing at the mouth" emoticon for these kind of rants.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X