• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Because they will then want another £600 billion and another and another
    NLyUK wants to ensure all the STIs her workers are inflicting on people cleaned up.

Though she's probably going to have a staffing problem when we leave the EU as Brits tend to be fatter than Eastern Europeans.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      NLyUK wants to ensure all the STIs her workers are inflicting on people cleaned up.

Though she's probably going to have a staffing problem when we leave the EU as Brits tend to be fatter than Eastern Europeans.
      more cushion for the pushin!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Perhaps the government should shut up about Brexit because anytime anyone says anything the pound drops another 1/2 %

Pound Nears Three-Decade Low as May Sets Date for Brexit Trigger - Bloomberg

In more news, in the future low paid, low skilled jobs will be done by Britons.

Andrea Leadsom says UK fruit picking jobs done by migrants 'should be taken by Britons' | London Evening Standard

whereas high skilled jobs and highly paid jobs will be done by migrants.

Philip Hammond: Top Bankers Will Be Exempt From Immigration Curbs

Judging from the referendum result, makes sense really.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Perhaps the government should shut up about Brexit because anytime anyone says anything the pound drops another 1/2 %

Good news for manufacturers. Bankers, not so much.

I sense some disagreement between Hammond and May

Comment

Andrea Leadsom says UK fruit picking jobs done by migrants 'should be taken by Britons' | London Evening Standard

So we have to start doing some of the manual stuff we did in the olden days? If I had realised I would have voted Remain.

And we did notice the massive impact the lower value of Sterling has had on manufacturing, didn't we? Manufacturing PMI at 55.4 Apparently this was unexpected by 'experts'. Boosted by lower Sterling.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              So we have to start doing some of the manual stuff we did in the olden days? If I had realised I would have voted Remain.

And we did notice the massive impact the lower value of Sterling has had on manufacturing, didn't we? Manufacturing PMI at 55.4 Apparently this was unexpected by 'experts'. Boosted by lower Sterling.
              Certainly that's good for manufacturers, lets hope it's enough.

Brexit: Investors see danger in U.K.'s plan - Oct. 3, 2016

Self-inflicted dislocations with its major market -- when the U.K. already carries a high level of public debt, a large current account deficit and severe imbalances across major sectors -- are unwise, to put it mildly
              Pound dropped again this morning. Investors are unnerved.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

As I am paid in Euros, I would like there to be daily comments from Brexit High Command

Comment

Flipping heck you're no kidding. Last time I looked it was last week, sure it was around €1.17 now €1.14

This will more than hurt exporters soon enough after the raw materials dry up.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Good news for manufacturers. Bankers, not so much.

I sense some disagreement between Hammond and May
                    Just need a politician called Clarkson to be thrust into the cabinet now
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

If my business depended on exports I'd plan for the future and buy up as much raw material before the currency crashes further. The PMI is not an indication of economic strength on this occasion.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X