• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not quite know what all this bleating about scare tactics winning the day for the Brexit campaign but these were employed just as ruthlessly by the remain campaign.

It is a red herring anyway

EU referendum voters unconvinced by scare tactics: ‘I just want to do what’s right’ | Politics | The Guardian
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Promised in posters, on the side of a bus, behind Boris at a news conference. Sounds like a promise to me.

So, the UK "Civil Service" and UK "special advisors" - the ones who direct the government on what to do. Who elects and "unelects" them?

Of your alleged 65%, how many laws were forced upon the UK people without the UK parliament debating them in Westminster first? How many of them were laws that the UK MEPs voted for in the EU?

I never made such a claim, of course you only work in binary - it's either one thing or the complete opposite - a typical tactic of the Brexit Project Fear campaign. The EU overruled, the Dail and Apple are challenging that.

I've not checked in the last 5 minutes, but it appears we still haven't exited the EU, so many of the post Brexit concerns relate to when/if we finally leave the EU.
      But since you chose exchange rates, let's pick a currency that isn't the Euro - OK, the Yen. Japan is supposedly collapsing so their currency is getting weaker by the day, except it isn't against sterling. Pre referendum it was 165 yen to the pound. An 8% drop would take it down to 151. 2 weeks ago it was 129.

You don't half spout a load of spin that has been forced down you by a bunch of fraudsters. Both sides in the campaign lied. You fell for the lies of one side, but fail to accept that any of them were lies at all. Where's the £350million for the NHS that the Brexit camp promised on posters? Oh yeah, you deny those posters or that promise existed. And you say that I'm the deluded one?

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

I'm looking for a firm.promise there, not just marketing suggestions. Can't see it though.

"Mum, let's go to Iceland."

Comment

Promised in posters, on the side of a bus, behind Boris at a news conference. Sounds like a promise to me.

So, the UK "Civil Service" and UK "special advisors" - the ones who direct the government on what to do. Who elects and "unelects" them?

Of your alleged 65%, how many laws were forced upon the UK people without the UK parliament debating them in Westminster first? How many of them were laws that the UK MEPs voted for in the EU?

I never made such a claim, of course you only work in binary - it's either one thing or the complete opposite - a typical tactic of the Brexit Project Fear campaign. The EU overruled, the Dail and Apple are challenging that.

I've not checked in the last 5 minutes, but it appears we still haven't exited the EU, so many of the post Brexit concerns relate to when/if we finally leave the EU.
          But since you chose exchange rates, let's pick a currency that isn't the Euro - OK, the Yen. Japan is supposedly collapsing so their currency is getting weaker by the day, except it isn't against sterling. Pre referendum it was 165 yen to the pound. An 8% drop would take it down to 151. 2 weeks ago it was 129.

You don't half spout a load of spin that has been forced down you by a bunch of fraudsters. Both sides in the campaign lied. You fell for the lies of one side, but fail to accept that any of them were lies at all. Where's the £350million for the NHS that the Brexit camp promised on posters? Oh yeah, you deny those posters or that promise existed. And you say that I'm the deluded one?
          Can't be arsed to read yet more insipid dross that you come out with in any detail. Usual garbage. A couple of quick points though.

The Yen has strengthened against every other major currency so saying it's up against sterling is more meaningless tripe. I assume that's why you chose it though. Make your case appears stringer when as usual it's fabrication.

And i'm still waiting to see the promise 'we will spend the £350m' etc.

If you don't understand plain English then you're just taking up board space.

Comment

If you can't be arsed to read the truth, then there's no point in people trying to point it out to you. There's none so blind as those who will not look.

I chose the yen because I work for global companies and have been spending a lot of time working in Japan over the last 6 months. As such I can report on what I have seen/experienced, not what I "read in the Daily Mail"

Now, you say that the pledges and promises were not pledges or promises. Care to point out any pledges or promises that the Leave campaign made? Because if they didn't make ones about the NHS or immigration or getting rid of the civil service/special advisors, then I'm not sure what pledges/promises they did make. Certainly it was all they talked about!
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well you could argue that stopping free movement of people will actually result in a net dip in costs to the NHS.

Which could equal 350 million a week.

So in essence there is your extra 350 without spending a penny.

Magic

Comment

Now, you say that the pledges and promises were not pledges or promises. Care to point out any pledges or promises that the Leave campaign made?
                How about in the future WE will have control over the numbers and the quality of immigrants coming into the UK?
                How about in the future WE will be able to get rid of any and all politicians that fail to deliver upon their manifesto pledges?
                The details have yet to be finally worked out, and over time they undoubtedly will be for the people have placed the democratic mandate in place for it to proceed.
                It will take time, but if you are not patient enough to wait for such momentous changes to unfold I suggest you go back to your colouring books, or hunting pokemons, or whatever else you do in between spectacularly missing the point of various poster campaigns and tediously regurgitating the bleakest ramblings of the gutter press.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  I'm looking for a firm.promise there, not just marketing suggestions. Can't see it though.

"Mum, let's go to Iceland."

Brexit Kid "Mum, let's go to Iceland."

Mum: "Yes"

Brexit Kid, "No, I did not mean to actually go"

Mum; Thwack!

Last edited by Paddy; 3 September 2016, 13:41.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Oh dear™: Brexit will bring some 'difficult time' - Theresa May

Britain needs to be prepared for some "difficult times" ahead as it leaves the European Union, Prime Minister Theresa May has said.

Brexit will bring some 'difficult time' - Theresa May - BBC News

Comment

Bracing....

Ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X