• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump - Ban all Muslims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Democracy is the people's freedom to choose who to represent them. If you limit the field to only those who conform to the current status quo, then doesn't that render the vote pretty redundant?

Suppose trump wants to redefine the definition of bullie... how can we, the people, express our collective approval or disapproval if he's prohibited from even running on such a platform?

If dave cameron decides that rape is good and virtuous, and makes it illegal for anyone who thinks otherwise to participate in the democratic process, then do we just accept rape as de facto virtuous and good?
    I checked your arguments but didn't conviced me. Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      I checked your arguments but didn't conviced me. Try again.
      There's no point trying to reason with a person who rejects reality.
      There's no point trying to reason with someone too spectacularly ignorant to understand.

So I shan't try again, whichever of those applies. It's not exactly difficult.
      Last edited by NotAllThere; 11 December 2015, 10:55. Reason: Mod edit

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        There's no point trying to reason with a person who rejects reality.
        There's no point trying to reason with someone too spectacularly ignorant to understand.

So I shan't try again, whichever of those applies. It's not exactly difficult.
        Well, thank you for the complement.

This explain everything about you. Democracy is respect other opinions and I didn't offended anyone.
        Last edited by NotAllThere; 11 December 2015, 10:56. Reason: Mod edit

Comment

This explain everything about you. Democracy is respect other opinions and I didn't offended anyone.
          Democracy is rule by the majority. It has f*** all to do with respecting opinions

If 51% of people think you are a retard

well.... that's a bit of a bummer
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            I signed the let him in petition also. Right or wrong, it's a rum show when someone who has an opinion about how to protect democracy is shouted down by people who are free to live in said democracy.
            That's fine, unless the person's opinion is obviously entirely contrary to democratic principles.

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Trumps policy of banning entry to muslims might be looney, but not as looney as our policy of allowing millions in , unchecked
            Are you suggesting mass chess might be the solution.

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
            You mean limits like, freedom of speech?
            Your freedom of speech is already limited. For example, you can't say that **** are a bunch of ****** ***** who should be rounded up, put in a field and bombed.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Your freedom of speech is already limited. For example, you can't say that **** are a bunch of ****** ***** who should be rounded up, put in a field and bombed.
              You can, you should just expect consequences if you do.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Except when you think expressing an opinion should disqualify someone for running for president?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                  Except when you think expressing an opinion should disqualify someone for running for president?
                  I just checked and he's not running for president of the UK.

He is a security risk in the UK, given that he has claimed our police are useless and scared to go to work.

Let him come over, I'd love to see what happens if he tries to jump a barrier at Stockwell Underground. The last American that did that didn't fare too well.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

He is a security risk in the UK, given that he has claimed our police are useless and scared to go to work.

Let him come over, I'd love to see what happens if he tries to jump a barrier at Stockwell Underground. The last American that did that didn't fare too well.
                    I don't think he's had enough licks of the tar brush for that to be a concern

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

He wasnt American, he was Brazilian. He didn't jump the barriers he used a travel card. He also wasn't a threat to anyone. Didnt stop him getting shot in the head 7 times because some stupid bastard didnt check his facts before identifying him as a terrorist.

If you are going to make an argument about security threats at least try to base it on facts and don't make jokes about an innocent man being killed.
                      Last edited by DaveB; 10 December 2015, 09:17.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X