• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump - Ban all Muslims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    He cant win with the bigots of the left can he?
    No more than he can with the bigots of the right.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      He cant win with the bigots of the left can he?
      Only with with those bigots of the right, oh, and child like people who are impressed by clowns
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Only with with those bigots of the right, oh, and child like people who are impressed by clowns

So the US public then.
        I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Hind sight is a wonderful thing.
          Looking out of your backside as well as talking out of it?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Donald, it was just a movie.

Ford tells Trump his role as US president in a film 'was just a movie' - BBC News
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

But is the value of his businesses also relevant? As for bankruptcy, isn't it a sound way to deal with underperforming parts of his business? I have more respect for him for taking the risks he did. Sure, he has benefited amply from policies like QE, which he readily admits.

I don't even necessarily like him, it's just a case of the rest being that much worse, except perhaps Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                But is the value of his businesses also relevant? As for bankruptcy, isn't it a sound way to deal with underperforming parts of his business? I have more respect for him for taking the risks he did. Sure, he has benefited amply from policies like QE, which he readily admits.

I don't even necessarily like him, it's just a case of the rest being that much worse, except perhaps Paul.
                I think it has no relevance to the Presidential run at all, the voters simply don't care or care to know.
                I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                  Oh dear. The $800 million is not my figure, it's Deutsche Bank's. (It was slightly less I believe)
                  He inherited somewhere between $40m and $200m in 1974. In today's money that's about $430m to $2.2b

Personally I'm not in Manhattan but I have consistently made my money into more money (except what I spend on hookers and coke obv). Trump hasn't.

Believing this bag of wind is some kind of financial wunderkind is naive I'm afraid. He's a massive ego-maniac who inherited a shedload of cash from his father and has been giving it the big one ever since. It's actually quite challenging to find something he did right. He has a track record of burying his businesses in debt and then filing for bankruptcy.

You need not defer to my opinion, but going around suggesting this guy knows what he's doing is crazy.
                  Ignoring Trumps financial acumen for a moment the simple fact is that he is running for president and the rest of America bar a handful of people are not is an indicator that he is smart, manipulative and shrewd, and well financed.

George W Bush, baffoon right? Not at all. Look at his speech patterns on videos when he was govenor of Texas and compare them to the baffoon during his presidency. It is suspected by people smarter than I that he recieved coaching to "dumb down" for the voters he wanted. That and tamily manipulation with Jed in particular helped. As others her have mentioned our own BJ does the same.

Who knows what Trumps end game is? One thing is for the value of the Trump brand has increased severalfold.

I am pleased that you have increased the value of your assets many of us have. It's pretty straightforward to do once one has got past the initial contractor phase of silly cars and gadgets. However I am willing to bet that not one of us is in the same league as Trump, I am sure he doesn't have to file ******* timesheets every week.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    George W Bush, baffoon right? Not at all. Look at his speech patterns on videos when he was govenor of Texas and compare them to the baffoon during his presidency. It is suspected by people smarter than I that he recieved coaching to "dumb down" for the voters he wanted. That and tamily manipulation with Jed in particular helped. As others her have mentioned our own BJ does the same.
                    George Bush is a buffoon, I just think he lost it further, as he got older.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                      As for bankruptcy, isn't it a sound way to deal with underperforming parts of his business?aul.
                      Absolutley, it's often a very shrewd corporate move in the US (none of Trumps bankruptcies were personal.), look at Dow Corning, they were in bankrupcy for 9 years as a good example.

Comment

Working...
                      X