• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retro Toys - Toys you had as a kid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Toys - Toys you had as a kid

I was in Reading at the weekend and wandering around some back arcade when I came across an old style memorabilia shop. It was packed with toys from the 60s,70s,80s as well as old TV Annuals and comics. I hadn't seen one like this for years and years.

And then, in the window I spotted it. The first toy I can remember owning and loving. A 1976 Star Trek Enterprise, with shuttle and proton torpedos. I remember exactly the time, place I got it when I was just six, my best ever toy. I also had the Klingon ship as well.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=st...IVS1rbCh3JMgyr

I very rarely buy stuff, but this was a must have & not actually that expensive so I bought it and played with it and my son when we got back. Now on the lookout for the Klingon ship.

Does anyone have a favourite toy they had, or still have?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I was at a friend's kid's birthday party at the weekend and they had a Marble Run; identical to the one I loved when I was a nipper. Didn't know they still made them; even the marbles were the same (glass ones that look a bit like a cat's eye).
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Funnily enough I was thinking about the 'Magic Robot' quiz game yesterday - seems they do a modern retro version.

Wasn't a favourite - not sure why I thought about it!

http://tracystoys.blogspot.co.uk/201...obot-game.html

Comment

Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 September 2015, 09:37.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

An ASI Paratrooper Repeater air rifle in .177. Me and my shootah were inseparable.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Meccano 10 set
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              SET 10 ?? Jeez, you must've had rich parents

Think I started with Set 4 and bought a few +1 kits over a couple of years. Meccano was great, but not as great as shooting stuff
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I've have a 14-speed racer. It's not that different to the 10-speed racer I had as a 10 year old.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I had an uncle who used to service arcade games & fruitees and he got me one of these:

http://antikrish666.files.wordpress....7_114041-2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    [

Clackers.

I had some of those & they banned them from sale because they had a habit of exploding when they were going full tilt & kids were getting shards of plastic stuck in their eyes.

If I remember correctly...

Comment

Working...
                    X