• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retro Toys - Toys you had as a kid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Big Trak would have counted until it was re-released last year.

Anyone else experience the horrors of things like:
    The octopus falling off the window part way through its descent and landing in fluff/carpet/dirt?
    The polystyrene plane catching a gust of wind and disappearing forever?

These were serious 1980s first world problems.
    I remember dropping my Slime on the gravel drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
      I remember dropping my Slime on the gravel drive!

Is that a euphemism??
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        That is a replica of the rifles we were issued with when I was in the army. Better than the plastic SA80s that they have nowadays anyway.
        Yup. Brit version of the FN FAL known as the L1A1 SLR. Standard issue until 1984.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Action man with parachute but without eagle eyes poor Yorkshire folk and all that.

Also a board game called 'Sorry' that used to come out everytime we went to see the grandparents. Didn't like to play with Gran though as we thought she was cheating saying Sorry out of turn. It wasn't until we were older my mum said that's cause she'd wet herself and was nothing to do with the game.
          We still play Sorry with our kids, superb game!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Did you never have 'x Ray Spex' which allowed you to 'see through clothing', usually sold mail order in American comics and bazooka joe bubblegum packets ?
            I always wanted those! Still do, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I always wanted those! Still do, mind.
              'My mate' bought a pair. They don't work. They just make everything blurred
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                'My mate' bought a pair. They don't work. They just make everything blurred
                I could never work out how to buy a pair - they always wanted paying in $!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Ray_Specs_(novelty)
                Last edited by mudskipper; 14 September 2015, 13:49.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I could never work out how to buy a pair - they always wanted paying in $!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Ray_Specs_(novelty)
                  'My mate' was so keen (at about 9 years old) that he got his mum to get $ from the bank from his birthday money and send the little tiny order form and wait about three months for them to arrive !!
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Wow

**Note to self... read thread prior to posting...
                    Last edited by OnceStonedRose; 14 September 2015, 14:56.

Comment

Computacar
                      programmed by the card in the slot underneath. Still got one (which I bought from Metropolis in Warwick ( ok, plug)).

Turning circle about twice the size of the average living room........

Comment

Working...
                      X