• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retro Toys - Toys you had as a kid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Made one of those in Craft (now CDT or D&T) at school. No idea where they went (and not accusing your late father either!).
    Mine is in a wee anodised blue metal box with printed instructions all folded up to fit! Must be 60 years old......

Comment

What a sad looking fecker.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post

What a sad looking fecker.
        David Cameron Action Doll?
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Lucky you.

I started with a much lower set and got the upgrade sets over the years, finally getting to set 6 or thereabouts.

I've a vague memory that there was an upgrade kit direct from 6 to 10, but I'd got more interested in going out with my mates by the time I could afford that.

A train set, also upgraded over the years, provided many many hours of amusement. When I looked at it years later, the original loco's drive cog was completely worn through; I must have really given it some hammer. The exploding wagon was also great fun.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Three pages in and no one has said 'Ker-plunk' yet.......or Mousetrap or any of the other tulipe games that were around in the early 70's
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Three pages in and no one has said 'Ker-plunk' yet.......or Mousetrap or any of the other tulipe games that were around in the early 70's
              No, it's still a current game.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                No, it's still a current game.
                Really ?? Wow, it was tulip......the poor kid from the council estate always brought that in on the last day of school and got bullied for it.

Comment

Comment

Arnold Palmer's Pro Shot Golf !

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      Really ?? Wow, it was tulip......the poor kid from the council estate always brought that in on the last day of school and got bullied for it.
                      We've got both. They're still made.

I had this sonic gun, which was a listening device. It had a plastic radar dish on it. I was tulipe and never actually worked. I took it apart. Cardboard tube, single wire and plastic dish.

Could have been an early amstrad
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X