• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retro Toys - Toys you had as a kid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    We've got both. They're still made.

I had this sonic gun, which was a listening device. It had a plastic radar dish on it. I was tulipe and never actually worked. I took it apart. Cardboard tube, single wire and plastic dish.

Could have been an early amstrad
    Did you never have 'x Ray Spex' which allowed you to 'see through clothing', usually sold mail order in American comics and bazooka joe bubblegum packets ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Did you never have 'x Ray Spex' which allowed you to 'see through clothing', usually sold mail order in American comics and bazooka joe bubblegum packets ?
      No but I did buy some Rhyponol which has the same effect.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        No but I did buy some Rhyponol which has the same effect.
        Is that anything like Rohypnol ? Possibly an illegally imported Indian fake version. Like that Kamagra you buy all the time.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Tons of Lego Technic, including 8860:

Once it was built, I used to drop it from my bunk bed so I could carry out repair work on it..

Crossbows and Catapults was another good one.

Downfall:

Marbles, Spirograph, "Bolt N Build", Fuzzy Felt..

I feel sorry for some of todays kids whos idea of games is some tulip on their parents iPad..
          Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Slinky

(when they first came out in the 1960s, I think, unless thay've actually been around since 1890 or something)

edit: As always, there is a Wikipedia article on them and it appears they were invented in the 1940s.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
              Tons of Lego Technic, including 8860:

Once it was built, I used to drop it from my bunk bed so I could carry out repair work on it..

Crossbows and Catapults was another good one.

Downfall:

Marbles, Spirograph, "Bolt N Build", Fuzzy Felt..

I feel sorry for some of todays kids whos idea of games is some tulip on their parents iPad..
              Crossbows and catapults was awesome, I re ought it a couple of years ago on eBay. It's in the stick for when my son is old enough to play it.

Comment

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Was gutted when I got this. The adverts made it look fecking awesome, tanks exploding, carnage - proper warfare! All it was was a bit of string that made some plastic noggins push up through the board and knocked the tanks over. Rip off. I wanted explosions!

Badly wanted this, never got it

My brother had the Enterprise MF posted in the first OP, he always had better toys than me.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    Was gutted when I got this. The adverts made it look fecking awesome, tanks exploding, carnage - proper warfare! All it was was a bit of string that made some plastic noggins push up through the board and knocked the tanks over. Rip off. I wanted explosions!

Badly wanted this, never got it

My brother had the Enterprise MF posted in the first OP, he always had better toys than me.
                    Totally agree on both points. Mouse trap had more action.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
                      Crossbows and catapults was awesome, I re ought it a couple of years ago on eBay. It's in the stick for when my son is old enough to play it.
                      In the where?

I recall an amazing travel game called Spot-A-Lot that kept us young whippersnappers quiet on many a long car journey.

It was a board with magnetic pieces (Just as well in my father's old Citroen Ami 8!) and the object was to progress one's piece around the board in the same manner as any other board game such as snakes and ladders or ludo except there were no dice.

Instead, there was a pack of cards and each card detailed a series of artifacts that one may observe through the window of a moving car with each of these being allocated a score that reflected the likelihood of observing that item. So, for example, a cow would get you 2 points and an airfield 10 points. Upon seeing something on the card, the player would move his piece the commensurate number of places on the board and then pick up another card to repeat the process and so it would go on until somebody reached the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X