• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retro Toys - Toys you had as a kid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    Clackers.

I had some of those & they banned them from sale because they had a habit of exploding when they were going full tilt & kids were getting shards of plastic stuck in their eyes.

If I remember correctly...
    You do indeed. I remember my big sister being most upset about it as my parents had just said they'd buy her a pair and then the shops were emptied of them overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      SET 10 ?? Jeez, you must've had rich parents

Think I started with Set 4 and bought a few +1 kits over a couple of years. Meccano was great, but not as great as shooting stuff
      No idea what set I had some new (yellow and blue) and was given a huge collection of older (red & green).

I made a land-yacht, which was quite fun.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
        You do indeed. I remember my big sister being most upset about it as my parents had just said they'd buy her a pair and then the shops were emptied of them overnight.
        I just remember getting bruised knuckles from them.

Comment

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Going to look at reinvesting in the old Star Wars toys that I had as a kid. I got an AT-AT together with the pilot, an imperial snowtrooper and General Veers one birthday.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I got one these - it was my Dad's (RIP Dad). Still play it - Tom Good was playing it once on an ep of 'The Good Life'....

Comment

When I was about 13, I had a poor school report. Nothing major, but there was a consistent message from all of my classes "Likes to be the class clown", "could try harder", etc.

My Dad sat me down and told me it was time to grow up and work hard. He cancelled my weekly delivery of the Beano, Nutter and Whizzer & Chips and told me I was too old to be reading comics. I was gutted. But in an attempt to win my dad back, I gave all, and I mean ALL of my toys to the two younger kids next door.

Subbuteo with scoreboard, stands and fences, Meccano, TCR -Total Control Racing (way better than Scalextric), around 120 Matchbox cars, most with the box still, at least 40 Beano, Dandy and other annuals. Monopoly, Game of Life and a board game called Kensington which is superb and which my sister rebought for me as a Christmas present last year.

I thought my dad would be so proud of me when I told him, but he just said "What did you do that for, you tw&t?"

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
                  When I was about 13, I had a poor school report. Nothing major, but there was a consistent message from all of my classes "Likes to be the class clown", "could try harder", etc.

My Dad sat me down and told me it was time to grow up and work hard. He cancelled my weekly delivery of the Beano, Nutter and Whizzer & Chips and told me I was too old to be reading comics. I was gutted. But in an attempt to win my dad back, I gave all, and I mean ALL of my toys to the two younger kids next door.

Subbuteo with scoreboard, stands and fences, Meccano, TCR -Total Control Racing (way better than Scalextric), around 120 Matchbox cars, most with the box still, at least 40 Beano, Dandy and other annuals. Monopoly, Game of Life and a board game called Kensington which is superb and which my sister rebought for me as a Christmas present last year.

I thought my dad would be so proud of me when I told him, but he just said "What did you do that for, you tw&t?"

Comment

A hoop and a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      I got one these - it was my Dad's (RIP Dad). Still play it - Tom Good was playing it once on an ep of 'The Good Life'....

Made one of those in Craft (now CDT or D&T) at school. No idea where they went (and not accusing your late father either!).
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X