• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

11 dead in French shooting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Oh, I see. So next time I'm walking through Covent Garden and one of the street entertainers makes a joke in my direction I am at liberty to slaughter them? It will be their fault that I'm a nutter and can't take a joke?
    Nobody argued the shooters were in any way justified. It's about being sensible.

For instance would you go and sit in the Newcastle end during a Newcastle-Sunderland derby, amidst the noisiest tattooed group you could find, take off your coat to reveal a Sunderland shirt and start shouting jokes about Newcastle United?

Can I come up to you in a pub and talk about how your wife is so ugly I always take her from behind without fear of violent reprisal? Idealistically (I think) yes, you would not let it annoy you but in the real world common sense has to apply. If you kick a wasp's nest, you're likely to get stung.

Just because people respond in an entirely deplorable and utterly undefendable way, doesn't make provoking them stupid if you KNOW they are likely to respond this way.

God doesn't exist. Religion is made up by the few to control the many. Full stop.
    Phew, I'm glad we finally sorted that one out. Someone should phone the papers, they'll want to know the debate is over.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I presume that NAT's sweeping pronouncement was invisibly prefixed with "The extremists justification is that..."
      Quite.

The flip side is that more moderate peace loving Muslims saying "these guys weren't proper Muslims" doesn't really hold water either.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Quite.

The flip side is that more moderate peace loving Muslims saying "these guys weren't proper Muslims" doesn't really hold water either.
        The thing is, I'm positive that most Muslims don't feel any more connected to these people than we do and presuming that they should be shouting from the rooftops in condemnation seems absurd.

Comment

Presumably, most "Muslims" are about as Muslim as most "Christians" so there's a lot of noise to filter when gauging what Christians/Muslims really think as a group.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Nobody argued the shooters were in any way justified. It's about being sensible.

For instance would you go and sit in the Newcastle end during a Newcastle-Sunderland derby, amidst the noisiest tattooed group you could find, take off your coat to reveal a Sunderland shirt and start shouting jokes about Newcastle United?

Can I come up to you in a pub and talk about how your wife is so ugly I always take her from behind without fear of violent reprisal? Idealistically (I think) yes, you would not let it annoy you but in the real world common sense has to apply. If you kick a wasp's nest, you're likely to get stung.

Just because people respond in an entirely deplorable and utterly undefendable way, doesn't make provoking them stupid if you KNOW they are likely to respond this way.

Phew, I'm glad we finally sorted that one out. Someone should phone the papers, they'll want to know the debate is over.
            Pretty similar to the argument the Muslim Defence League use:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Not really, they suggest it was deserved/karma. I'm not saying either. Saying you shouldn't feel sorry for the victims is also not my position.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                [Pedant]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9%C3%9719mm_Parabellum

There is no such thing as a 9mm Glock Round. The Glock can be chambered for the 9mm Parabellum / 9x19 cartridge.[/Pedant]
                qh extra pedant.
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

An armed policewoman has also been killed today in Paris.
                  Like AtW says, if she had been armed, she would still be alive and the filthy perp would now be lying on a slab.
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

From somewhere on the Web:

An amateur group of Islamic film makers have posted a video on YouTube which mocks Christianity and Jesus Christ.

It is believed to be so offensive that St Peter's church in Shrewsbury have postponed their tea and cake morning until next Wednesday, and Dorothy Green from Margate has written in to Points of view.

When will the madness end?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Not really, they suggest it was deserved/karma. I'm not saying either. Saying you shouldn't feel sorry for the victims is also not my position.
                      If I see you in the street and smack you in the mouth because the look of you is offensive to me then you are yourself to blame.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X