• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So...anybody ask for any of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post

I onder who alerted PhilipRoss to this thread. Not that I mind him joining, we get the opportunity to question the rationale for the proposal now I find it quite telling though, that there is just a little sales pitch tagged on to the end of the thread whiilst it contains a number of very real questions. I would be quite interested to hear what the author of the report says about those?
    He's probably still reading through all 45 pages.

Might be worth summarising the main points politely - it would be interesting to hear his views.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      He's probably still reading through all 45 pages.

Might be worth summarising the main points politely - it would be interesting to hear his views.
      Perhaps an IPSE mod could come along and move the distractions to the spats and arguments pot then it would be down to 4 pages

Comment

That too, more importantly!

Labour should be more worried about protecting those that are forced into 'self employment' by those employers looking to save every penny at the expense of those that have little choice. That was always going to be the next thing after IR35 once companies had their eyes opened to the possibilities by Darling and his darlings.

While they are at it, perhaps they could look at zero hours contracts. Rather than looking to help those that don't need any.

I onder who alerted PhilipRoss to this thread. Not that I mind him joining, we get the opportunity to question the rationale for the proposal now I find it quite telling though, that there is just a little sales pitch tagged on to the end of the thread whiilst it contains a number of very real questions. I would be quite interested to hear what the author of the report says about those?
        So we end up back full circle with my biggest concern regarding the PCG rebrand and its targetting of a set of people better supported by a union such as the GMB rather than a employer organisation....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          So we end up back full circle with my biggest concern regarding the PCG rebrand and its targetting of a set of people better supported by a union such as the GMB rather than a employer organisation....
          Don't mix up Mr Ross's comments and ideas with IPSE's. They may have a common origin but they are not the same thing and as he says himself, Ross is nothing to do with IPSE and has not been for many years.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Don't mix up Mr Ross's comments and ideas with IPSE's. They may have a common origin but they are not the same thing and as he says himself, Ross is nothing to do with IPSE and has not been for many years.
            I think it's the origin that is in question.

Comment

I think it's the origin that is in question.
              Maybe, but the original "requirement" can be addressed in many different ways, independently of whoever started the ball rolling. We will need to focus on end proposals, when they are defined, without fussing too much about where they started off and to some extent regardless of who is proposing them.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Perhaps an IPSE mod could come along and move the distractions to the spats and arguments pot then it would be down to 4 pages
                <snigger> :
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Maybe, but the original "requirement" can be addressed in many different ways, independently of whoever started the ball rolling. We will need to focus on end proposals, when they are defined, without fussing too much about where they started off and to some extent regardless of who is proposing them.
                  You do have to admit though that if you look at the two side by side, it's hard to tell where they differ.

I await the call for consultation with great anticipation. When do you think it will likely commence?

I may even join the Labour Party so I can have some input there too.
                  Last edited by tractor; 20 November 2014, 09:51.

Comment

I await the call for consultation with great anticipation. When do you think it will likely commence?

I may even join the Labour Party so I can have some input there too.
                    You're still having trouble with this concept of "Manifesto proposals for the General Election", aren't you...

IPSE aren't the only people with an agenda, and the main parties will all have their own approaches anyway. And, as we all know, it may end up going nowhere.

The only thing that is certain at the moment is all the parties are looking at near 5 million "self employed" workers and hence 5 million votes...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

You're still having trouble with this concept of "Manifesto proposals for the General Election", aren't you...

IPSE aren't the only people with an agenda, and the main parties will all have their own approaches anyway. And, as we all know, it may end up going nowhere.

The only thing that is certain at the moment is all the parties are looking at near 5 million "self employed" workers and hence 5 million votes...
                      We will need to focus on end proposals
                      You're still having trouble with reading comprehension, aren't you? Perhaps we should work on that first then get around to focusing on proposals?

Comment

Working...
                      X