• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So...anybody ask for any of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tractor View Post
    You're still having trouble with reading comprehension, aren't you? Perhaps we should work on that first then get around to focusing on proposals?
    Point me at an end proposal and I will criticise it. Until you can, it's all a bit theoretical. If you want to influence IPSE's view on their proposal, you know how to do so.

Personally I won't be using an FLC, whatever form it takes, if indeed it ever takes one, so I can afford to be disinterested.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Point me at an end proposal and I will criticise it. Until you can, it's all a bit theoretical. If you want to influence IPSE's view on their proposal, you know how to do so.

Personally I won't be using an FLC, whatever form it takes, if indeed it ever takes one, so I can afford to be disinterested.
      I asked when the call for consultation would be made. You made some irrelevant distraction about me having some unrelated difficulty. I made the point you can't read.

So can you read or are you being intentionally obtuse again? I am afraid it really does have to be one or the other.

Comment

I thought CC members were meant to be representative of the members
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I thought CC members were meant to be representative of the members
          At least I try...

But for the last time, there will be a call for consultation when there is something to consult on. This is at the moment a "Manifesto demand", no more, no less.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

So do we need a separate thread to discuss Philip's proposal?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              So do we need a separate thread to discuss Philip's proposal?
              Thank you for volunteering :P

Comment

At least I try...

But for the last time, there will be a call for consultation when there is something to consult on. This is at the moment a "Manifesto demand", no more, no less.
                Does anyone else see the problem here? One moment it's a demand the next it's a proposal.

Also, I would prefer that you were not disinterested tbh. You may not have the same concerns as me/us but you represent us. You just said so.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipRoss View Post
                  That philip ross is me, thanks for the mention. I am not a member of ipse though, but I was a founding member of the pcg many years ago
                  Thank you - I've created a separate thread to discuss the LFIG proposal as there's a lot of noise in this thread

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2022126

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                    Also, I would prefer that you were not disinterested tbh. You may not have the same concerns as me/us but you represent us. You just said so.
                    <pedant>CC members don't represent the membership - they are representative members rather than member's representatives</pedant>

At least I think that's right
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Not read much of this thread. However I'm pretty sure if a FLC option becomes available the agencies and clients will insist on its use otherwise there won't be an offer. In just the same way things changed when contracting went from Self Employed to Limited. That will mean we'll all have to use a FLC and we will all be nicely grouped and sectioned away from the larger pool of normal limited companies and taxed in whatever way they want!
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X