• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

That's his 'red line' which he's prepared to 'demilitarize' them over:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56720589

He offered them terms yesterday including becoming neutral, which apparently Zelensky is taking seriously...
    The Russian foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, didn't use just those words in his speech today. He stated that Russia was "demilitarizing and de-nazifying Ukraine". Why did you miss the last phrase out of your post? As a percentage of the population, Russia has some of the most pro nazi, neo nazi supporters in Europe, who are directly linked with the far right wing in Russia, often paid for by the state. They fund all types of opposition and groups to ensure chaos reigns within Russia, then they can control the size of each group and the type of chaos.

NATO is not invading Ukraine. Ukraine is a democratic country and has been for decades. That land is not Russian or Russia's to just take as and when it pleases. NATO being on Russia's border is a ridiculous thing to highlight, because NATO doesn't invade countries. In this instance, if Russia invade existing members try to recreate the USSR further, NATO forces will very likely have to get involved in Ukraine too.

As for Putin's ever changing "red lines", they change every year, every decade. If you take the time to read his essay from last year you will see how what he suggests is crazy, effectively stating that "The Ukraine is Russian and belongs to Russia, they are one and the same."

Do you personally recognise Ukraine as a democratic country that has the right to choose as it wishes, as with any other democratic country?

Do you personally recognise that Ukraine's democracy is being destroyed by a huge country aggressor that is stating that they are denazifying the country, despite nazis not being in control, no nazi party in existence there, therefore it being a very poor justification and, as we say here, fake?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Just checking if anyone was still in any doubt.

https://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukr...pe-358345.html

Europe's Nightmare Coming True: America vs. Russia...Again | The National Interest

I've been predicting this for a while.

We now need to be talking about stocking up on supplies.

For the record, I don't want this, have no sick fantasies about this. I just want to protect my family.

This is coming. It has long been predicted. I have tried to warn you, and others IRL. Every time I get stared down, ignored or folks just glaze over.

Are you still going to deny it?

suityou01 had incredible foresight 8 years ago !!! - please come back.

Last edited by saptastic; 22 September 2022, 08:17.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post

suityou01 had incredible foresight 8 years ago !!! - please come back.
        To be fair, we could go around predicting all manner of stuff, and eventually one of them may come true and we can claim that one we got right made us a genius, whilst the 99 we got wrong we brush under the carpet.

And he's not actually correct. There isn't a WW3 and I'm going to stick my neck out here and say there isn't going to be. **

** if i'm proven wrong, most of the UK will be turned to glass so it's unlikely anyone on here will be around to prove me wrong
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

To be fair, we could go around predicting all manner of stuff, and eventually one of them may come true and we can claim that one we got right made us a genius, whilst the 99 we got wrong we brush under the carpet.

And he's not actually correct. There isn't a WW3 and I'm going to stick my neck out here and say there isn't going to be. **

** if i'm proven wrong, most of the UK will be turned to glass so it's unlikely anyone on here will be around to prove me wrong
          I'm sure Vetran will start a thread well before, quoting a Daily Mail article that proves it's already started.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Scooty can't even manage 1 in 100.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nuclear-we...154139232.html

Odd.

They don't mention putting your head in a paper bag or kissing your arse goodbye.

10kt.

It feels like 1984 all over again again.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

oh yes pack a torch should be good after EMP.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

One with an actual lightbulb might still work, an LED one, possibly not so much.

Here we go: Protect & Survive:

http://www.atomica.co.uk/main.htm

How to build youir inner refuge.

Oooops, the Finns are running out of iodine tablets:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/f...20in%20Ukraine.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 October 2022, 09:03.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...rning-coffins/

Coffins containing the bodies of men conscripted by the Kremlin just last month are already being flown back to Russia from Ukraine.
                    Pro-war Russian bloggers said that the death of conscripts barely three weeks after Vladimir Putin ordered a mobilisation showed just how shambolic the process had been.

"Some commanders on the ground should be shot," Anastasia Kashevarova told her 180,000 subscribers on the Telegram social media channel. "The result of mobilisation is that untrained guys are thrown into the frontline. Zinc coffins are already being sent back to Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg and Moscow."

War Kitten Z, another Russian military blogger with 470,000 subscribers, agreed. He said that mobilised men from Moscow were sent to fight in Ukraine with only one day's training and that half of their regiment had been injured or killed after coming under artillery bombardment.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The US tried a conscript army in Vietnam.

And, just like in Vietnam, motivation is far more powerful than troop numbers or fire power. I bet there aren't that many of the regular army who actually want to be there, never mind the conscripts. Whereas, there is no lack of motivation on the Ukraine side.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X