• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As an aside, good article from Ben Wallace here (which is rare for this Cabinet of cretins):

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...ion-in-ukraine

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      As an aside, good article from Ben Wallace here (which is rare for this Cabinet of cretins):

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/a...ion-in-ukraine
      Don't tell me you believe that anti-Russian propaganda!
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post

Ehhhh... yes? That is exactly what happened? Not sure what's so funny about US's attempts to ignite war with Russia.
        Erm yes Ukraine was invaded in 2014 by Russia and it still occupies parts of the Ukrainian territory, not sure under which rock you've been hiding.

Russia committed in the Budapest memorandum to Ukraine's territorial integrity in exchange for the nuclear weapons that were stationed here by the Soviet Union.
        We really should have kept our nukes

BTW Russia also occupies parts of Moldova and Georgia, so one thing has been well proven, to protect yourself against your former occupiers and oppressors become a member of NATO, exactly what the Baltic states did. Or become a slave of Putin (Belarus, Kazakhstan etc)
        Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post

Erm yes Ukraine was invaded in 2014 by Russia and it still occupies parts of the Ukrainian territory, not sure under which rock you've been hiding.

Russia committed in the Budapest memorandum to Ukraine's territorial integrity in exchange for the nuclear weapons that were stationed here by the Soviet Union.
          We really should have kept our nukes

BTW Russia also occupies parts of Moldova and Georgia, so one thing has been well proven, to protect yourself against your former occupiers and oppressors become a member of NATO, exactly what the Baltic states did. Or become a slave of Putin (Belarus, Kazakhstan etc)
          You think that Crimea belongs to Ukraine? That's cute

Comment

This thread still going? Jeez...

...What does it take to get mature grown ups to just sit down and work things out?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Russia cannot afford all out war. They'll lose. The problem is that they might choose to make everyone loses by launching nukes. Putin is using the threat of war/military action to further his aims.

That's why the mature grown ups won't sit down and work things out. It doesn't suit what Putin is trying to achieve.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Don't tell me you believe that pro-Russian propaganda!
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Not in a credible way. This commentator is extremely well known (as an emeritus professor from a credible institution that has been publishing on the subject for many years in mainstream outlets) and that article has been reposted and republished in several contexts and widely praised by analysts that I trust far, far more than you and it is also coherent with my (albeit) limited understanding of the history and international politics involved.
                  When I open a website that is that badly presented, then I get suspicious. There's even a "Support us by sending cash to paypal!" 2002 graphic at the bottom centre of the page. They really need to engage a web design team!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Yes, I am not a cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

When I open a website that is that badly presented, then I get suspicious. There's even a "Support us by sending cash to paypal!" 2002 graphic at the bottom centre of the page. They really need to engage a web design team!
                      Well, sure, but it's the content that matters. Again, she is a well known commentator and this was reposted and republished fairly widely, so it's legit, not faked or something like that. Read the actual commentary and see what you disagree with.

Comment

Working...
                      X