• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US President appeared to say that, if Vladimir Putin were to make only a "minor incursion" into Ukraine, then Russia would not face devastating sanctions.

His exact words were: "Russia will be held accountable if it invades. And it depends on what it does. It's one thing if it's a minor incursion and we (in Nato) end up having to fight about what to do and what to not do, etcetera.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...gaffe-ukraine/

All you pro-WW3 people might want to load up on those defence shares if you're not already.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post

You think that Crimea belongs to Ukraine? That's cute
      Wow we have a real kremlin troll on this forum, who would have thought Putin is infiltrating Contractor UK
      Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post

Wow we have a real kremlin troll on this forum, who would have thought Putin is infiltrating Contractor UK
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimea#Ancient_history

Might want to read into your own history pal.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimea#Ancient_history

Might want to read into your own history pal.
          By your logic the UK belongs to the Roman empire (or any other invader from the past)

And FYI Crimea is not the only part of Ukraine your paymasters occupy, they are also in the Donbas region in the East, Occupy parts of Moldova and Georgia as well
          Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

By your logic the UK belongs to the Roman empire (or any other invader from the past)

And FYI Crimea is not the only part of Ukraine your paymasters occupy, they are also in the Donbas region in the East, Occupy parts of Moldova and Georgia as well
            70% of people in Crimea are ethnic Russians. You are so deluded But you keep getting your news from facebook..
            Last edited by cannon999; 21 January 2022, 10:52.

Comment

https://www.ft.com/content/c237a37b-...2-746c9d10a059

Russia demands no NATO in ex-soviet states, including Bulgaria, Estonia, Romania. Keeping in focus that they are democracies that are able to pick and choose who they align with, I think Russia's demands are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Well, sure, but it's the content that matters. Again, she is a well known commentator and this was reposted and republished fairly widely, so it's legit, not faked or something like that. Read the actual commentary and see what you disagree with.
                That's why main news outlets exist. If the BBC linked to this person it's easier to access for people, as them doing so is a source of authentication. I don't go to random websites with 1999 presentation for every issue I want to get more information about. There's a lot going on in the world. I just said that I don't like the look of that website and it is fair to say that most people don't have the time to maintain a list of sources that are trustworthy on such websites.

Given recent news on Russia and their emerging demands, over days, I don't think they have much of a leg to stand on.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post
                  https://www.ft.com/content/c237a37b-...2-746c9d10a059

Russia demands no NATO in ex-soviet states, including Bulgaria, Estonia, Romania. Keeping in focus that they are democracies that are able to pick and choose who they align with, I think Russia's demands are ridiculous.
                  They are meant to be ridiculous. If you'd read the article I posted, you'd understand why they are meant to be ridiculous.

Comment

When the Berlin wall came down it was agreed that NATO would not expand eastward

The West has broken that agreement - a deal's a deal right? How would you feel if your agent/client slashed your rate mid contract and increased the scope of your gig then called you a paid Russian troll for pointing it out?

Those of us who disagree with our Governments and the US/NATO aggression toward Russia do so because we see our side as being in the wrong - who's surrounding who and lining up troops and weapons on who's border?

It's all Game of Thrones BS anyway and they don't want a big WW3, the west and our weapons manufacturing industry need a small Vietnam/Afghanistan type of war to keep the gravy train running and they have chosen the country and people of Ukraine to be sacrificed for it.

Russia won't invade or make the first move, they will continue to frustrate the US/NATO who are already extremely angry about the recent Ukraine style colour revolution in Kazakhstan being thwarted.

watch it all live here!:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60077776
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Crimea, no matter who it "belongs" to is a rather beautiful part of the world. I do like the Black Sea coastline there.

I remember years ago when I was in the navy we were on shore leave in Sevastopol and me and my pal Johnny hired a car and drove out to this stunning little place just outside of town with this beach of pure black sand, packed to the gunwhales with Russian totty. It was a scorching day and neither of us were equipped for the beach so I remember both Johnny and I ended up going in in our pants lol

Comment

Working...
                      X