• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, I reckon that if the Russians invade at all, they will occupy just the eastern part of Ukraine, as I believe that is where the majority of "Russian Ukrainians" live.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      FWIW, I reckon that if the Russians invade at all, they will occupy just the eastern part of Ukraine, as I believe that is where the majority of "Russian Ukrainians" live.
      FWIW they are already doing invaded Eastern Ukraine 8 years ago and the Russian Duma has today approved to recognize the current occupied territories in the east as independent states. Russian speakers live in all big cities in the East and the south due to Stalin's Russification programme, surrounding villages are often Ukrainian speaking especially in the south

Comment

They've already done it in 2014, but more importatantly - "just"? That must be ok then. Right now 7% of Ukraine (which is double the size of UK) is under Russian occupation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

They've already done it in 2014, but more importatantly - "just"? That must be ok then. Right now 7% of Ukraine (which is double the size of UK) is under Russian occupation.
          I was using "Just" in simply a geographical area context, as in "Would you like some cake?". "Yes please, but just a small slice"

Comment

I was using "Just" in simply a geographical area context, as in "Would you like some cake?". "Yes please, but just a small slice"
            What if somebody evil cut off just your leg off?

It's a very wrong word to use here.

Comment

What if somebody evil cut off just your leg off?

It's a very wrong word to use here.

It has nothing to do with "justice" in the context I used it. Maybe that is what is confusing you.

Would you have a problem if I had said ".. they will occupy only the eastern part of Ukraine"?
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 15 February 2022, 20:28.

Comment

It has nothing to do with "justice" in the context I used it.
                Just in that context wasn't justice (obviously), it was "only" (ie small part). but as I say, what if somebody broke ONLY your leg whilst threatening to break your skull in and demostrating that he can do it easily?

Would you have a problem if I had said ".. they will occupy only the eastern part of Ukraine"?
                "just" == "only"

Yes, I'll also have a problem with that, even if Russia occupied "only" 0.01% of Ukranian sovereign territory

Comment

Just in that context wasn't justice (obviously), it was "only" (ie small part). but as I say, what if somebody broke ONLY your leg whilst threatening to break your skull in and demostrating that he can do it easily?

"just" == "only"

Yes, I'll also have a problem with that, even if Russia occupied "only" 0.01% of Ukranian sovereign territory
                  Russia is occupying Ukraine just as much as English people are occupying England. I will give you a clue.. the occupied territory is occupied by ethnic Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
                    Russia is occupying Ukraine just as much as English people are occupying England. I will give you a clue.. the occupied territory is occupied by ethnic Russians.
                    It's internationally recognised that Russia's occupation of Crimea is illegal under international law - just because people there speak Russian does not mean it's legal for Russia to occupy it and treat it as part of its own territory.

Where did imbeciles like you came from anyway?

Comment

It's internationally recognised that Russia's occupation of Crimea is illegal under international law - just because people there speak Russian does not mean it's legal for Russia to occupy it and treat it as part of its own territory.

Where did imbeciles like you came from anyway?
                      Speak Russian? They ARE Russian you cretin. The vast majority of the population of Crimea are ethnic Russians. Because historically Crimea has been Russian territoty. You have been brainwashed by bbc news you great big clown.

Comment

Working...
                      X