• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    It’s possible that people are lining up to take 700/day inside ir35 banking contracts, but I hope not.
    How out of touch are you that you think people are turning down 700pd. That's roughly £510pd Outside and many, many people would jump at the chance to be earning that sort of money.

We recently advertised a contract UI design role at the client I'm at (Big 4), for £650 Inside and were inundated with CVs. Many of them unsuitable and from people in India but amongst them were skilled designers who had 10+ years of experience at similar clients.

There is absolutely no shortage of people willing to work for ~£2k a week net.

Comment

Originally posted by ensignia View Post

We recently advertised a contract UI design role at the client I'm at (Big 4), for £650 Inside and were inundated with CVs.
      Yes, people picking out colours for websites, emptying bins, walking dogs, etc. earn less. It’s sad, but the coming great reset should even things out a bit.

Comment

Contractor UK - where no one gets out of bed for less then 1000pd for a 4 hour working day being massaged by supermodels with free 3 star Michelin food at lunch

Comment

Originally posted by hungry_hog View Post
          Contractor UK - where no one gets out of bed for less then 1000pd for a 4 hour working day being massaged by supermodels with free 3 star Michelin food at lunch
          Either there is a much higher class of contractor on here than I am used to working with or, dare I say it, some people might be exaggerating somewhat,

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post

Either there is a much higher class of contractor on here than I am used to working with or, dare I say it, some people might be exaggerating somewhat,

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post

If you have many years of front office experience and are a top notch developer and hard worker (to get those renewals).
              Then i am sure you can command between 800 to 1200 a day.

The rest of us, mere mortals, have to make do with between 400 to 800 a day. With the higher end of that range now more likely to be inside than out.
              Last edited by Fraidycat; 11 July 2022, 01:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

If you have many years of front office experience and are a top notch developer and hard worker (to get those renewals).
                Then i am sure you can command between 800 to 1200 a day.
                I have and I am and there still aren't that many roles > £800pd out there

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

There are a few jobs advertising over 800. Not many.
                  But I was also including renewals, i would suspect there are a fair number of contractors out there who are on more than £800 a day, who have been at the same bank or hedge fund for years and have had several rate bumps on renewal. They eventually get chopped back down when the Banks give contractors 20%+ rate cuts during the slowdowns. But you will know better than me, i only worked in the City once in my contracting career, 21 years ago. Didn't like it and never went back.
                  Last edited by Fraidycat; 11 July 2022, 09:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

There are a few jobs advertising over 800. Not many.
                    But I was also including renewals, i would suspect there are a fair number of contractors out there who are on more than £800 a day, who have been at the same bank or hedge fund for years and have had several rate bumps on renewal. They eventually get chopped back down when the Banks give contractors 20%+ rate cuts during the slowdowns. But you will know better than me, i only worked in the City once in my contracting career, 21 years ago. Didn't like it and never went back.
                    So you are just completely guessing then?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Code monkeys? Probably not. Actuaries? No problem at all, you can double it.

Comment

Working...
                      X