• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
    Most of the UK would would love to be on £700 a day.
    You would think so.

But given that there are more permies than contractors, and most permies are happy making between £250 to £400 a day.

It would seem most people value job security over higher pay.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 4 July 2022, 13:00.

Comment

I have noticed a definite slowdown in recruiter approaches over the past three weeks.

Comment

I am under contract until October so not looking but aren't we moving into the Summer slowdown?

Comment

I'm permie but I've been approached about a 6 month gig - but Inside so I turned it down, and a 3 monther that agent claimed was outside but was working US hours (not sure how they can claim it's outside if they dictate hours of work - seems like direction and control).

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
            I am under contract until October so not looking but aren't we moving into the Summer slowdown?
            Just before the holiday slow down, winter slow down, xmas slow down, new year slow down, budget year end slow down?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

First time in years I've been out of a contract for more than a few days (apart from a covid induced benching in the very early days of lockdown).

I've dropped my day rate but only looked at Outside IR35 roles. Nothing much happening on the various Government frameworks at the moment.

Had quite a few calls from recruiters offering Inside roles at pretty poor rates so told them not interested.

Took 4 weeks of looking but landed a gig that sounds interesting with an end-client I've always fancied having a go with; day rate not great but just above what I'd take as a minimum.

So, in my experience, I think things are still bumbling along but the IR35 changes are still having a massive effect, even on government roles where nothing changed last year!

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
                First time in years I've been out of a contract for more than a few days (apart from a covid induced benching in the very early days of lockdown).

I've dropped my day rate but only looked at Outside IR35 roles. Nothing much happening on the various Government frameworks at the moment.

Had quite a few calls from recruiters offering Inside roles at pretty poor rates so told them not interested.

Took 4 weeks of looking but landed a gig that sounds interesting with an end-client I've always fancied having a go with; day rate not great but just above what I'd take as a minimum.

So, in my experience, I think things are still bumbling along but the IR35 changes are still having a massive effect, even on government roles where nothing changed last year!
                The trick is: stop looking at Gov roles.

Comment

Originally posted by ConsultingTechArchitect View Post

The trick is: stop looking at Gov roles.
                  Utter crap. I did two stints at Gov dept and was outside on both, one after the legislation hit. I'd agree stop bothering looking at the frameworks yes but nothing wrong with keeping an eye on Gov gigs via agencies and consultancies. The inside rates were upped to cover the change in legislation and there are still some outside roles going.

So more bollocks from you but I am sure there will be more.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Utter crap. I did two stints at Gov dept and was outside on both, one after the legislation hit. I'd agree stop bothering looking at the frameworks yes but nothing wrong with keeping an eye on Gov gigs via agencies and consultancies. The inside rates were upped to cover the change in legislation and there are still some outside roles going.

So more bollocks from you but I am sure there will be more.
                    Security architect roles at the home office are going for around £1000 a day inside. And you could spend 2 years there and never deliver anything.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

Security architect roles at the home office are going for around £1000 a day inside. And you could spend 2 years there and never deliver anything.
                      Don't go giving CTA ideas...

Comment

Working...
                      X