• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post

stop their dirty spam tactics
    And how will reporting that to a Gov agency make any difference?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      IR35 is a choice. Someone should help inform these clients that they’re intentionally making themselves less competitive for the same outlay.
      Something I do with a pro forma email to every Inside role that comes my way.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

or that you’re not interested in ‘inside’ work at any price.

IR35 is a choice. Someone should help inform these clients that they’re intentionally making themselves less competitive for the same outlay.
        That depends - for a manager - offering an "Outside IR35" would probably be a career destroying event, were HMRC to come calling asking about it.

A lot of multinationals have the no PSC rules because corporate memory says don't take risks
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by IsayIsayIsay View Post
          The brain washing at Cisco was impressive. Yes the rewards were high, yes the culture talked about "bring yourself to work", "be your best self", "wear pink and die your hair orange", but the underlying toxicity was immense. 10% lowest performance every year. Once I was given 10 mins to decide on the order of a team I'd been looking after for 3 weeks, then I was put on "the list" myself. It was at that point I vowed never to be in that position again.... and still they get the best employer awards.... and hire employment psychologists to make sure the masses are "happy"... madness.
          My experience is that those employers with the "best / great places to work" awards are the ones to avoid.

They know they have really toxic cultures and these awards are a way to "whitewash" themselves, a bit like Saville and his charity work, or paedeo priests etc

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post

My experience is that those employers with the "best / great places to work" awards are the ones to avoid.

They know they have really toxic cultures and these awards are a way to "whitewash" themselves, a bit like Saville and his charity work, or paedeo priests etc
            You mean the places they send emails around to everyone, which are tracked, and tell you to vote for them in xxx awards?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by silverlight1 View Post

My beef is the companies that go out of their way to demonstrate how diverse they are yet the only person over fifty in their publicity material is the CEO.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

My beef is the companies that go out of their way to demonstrate how diverse they are yet the only person over fifty in their publicity material is the CEO.
                Age is normally ignored in diversity statistics.

Plus some people look younger than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Plus some people look younger than you think.
                  I am one of them and I keep quiet about my age at work.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I am one of them and I keep quiet about my age at work.
                    I thought I finally look old. Then a couple of months ago I got ID for alcohol in the supermarket.

Comment

End of contract coming up and client is rattling sabre over putting people inside IR35 AND getting people back into the office at more or less the same time. Guessing they are gluttons for punishment... back on the boards I go.
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X