• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. What's the market like for 3rd Line Infrastructure roles? I seem to be getting a lot of emails come through in the past week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

An inside role is an inside role.
      Clients aren't just going to fudge the contracts to make them outside. They're not stupid.
      Their entire engagement model, and management of temporary resource needs to change. That is not going to just happen because you desire it to.
      I've been pleasantly surprised with the number of clients (actual and potential) who have made meaningful changes to their practises to make them Outside, more so than they were already.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Applied for a role a few months ago and heard nothing back, had a call from one of the pimps on Wednesday, interviewed on Thursday and offered the role there and then. Same rate as current gig, but going from inside to outside IR35. More importantly moving away from testing, back to BA.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
          Never seen it this bad myself, although that could just be because i'm crap now
          Turns out there was a problem with my skype number and i'd been missing a load of calls

Market seems very strong atm, have 2 interviews already.

Comment

Turns out there was a problem with my skype number and i'd been missing a load of calls

Phew! Annoying but glad it was an easy fix.

Comment

, Glad you fixed it at least now!

Comment

*** BOOMED *** after well over a year (some of it by choice)

Outside, fully remote and a very good rate.

:-D

Comment

So in summary the market is either the best ever or worst ever depending on your viewpoint?

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                    So in summary the market is either the best ever or worst ever depending on your viewpoint?
                    Twas always the case.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You could start a book along those lines...

Comment

Working...
                      X