• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    I would concentrate more on the ION Marketview experience part..that's a direct access to the market trading platform the big boys at the top of the trading tree use! Agents & clients must get amused when candidates try to blag that!!
    I don't think anyone posting on here want's that front desk support contract - the question was very much how does that PAYE figure come from that umbrella rate.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just had a direct inMail from LI, and began thus:

Hi firstname}

Ah bless these pimps.

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        Some "inside IR35 £400" type work being touted today. Said no thank you. We'll get these low ball offers same as last year I'd imagine before companies either realise that they can work outside of IR35 (contrary to the terrible advice they've been getting) or up their rates a fair bit.
        its like my Leeds £25k perm. roles, someone, somewhere is filling these roles otherwise they would be re-advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
          Sounds very average. No surprises.
          The new normal

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Saw a role today paying £30k and wanted 7-10 years hedge fund experience.

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
              No you didn’t, surely...

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                Some "inside IR35 £400" type work being touted today. Said no thank you. We'll get these low ball offers same as last year I'd imagine before companies either realise that they can work outside of IR35 (contrary to the terrible advice they've been getting) or up their rates a fair bit.
                An agency I work through is refusing to engage the PAYE model and is only engaging clients with outside IR35 projects. This is a good sign that not all agencies are self interested.

My advice is not to work for such low rates inside IR35. Refuse the work. This takes effort, but will be beneficial in the long term for the true contractor professionals who post here.

Inside IR35 the day rate needs to be at least £650/day to make it barely worthwhile. It is important to remember that the March and October government budgets are very likely to contain tax rises targeting contractors and whatever rate after tax that you receive now will not be that after March or October, or both.

If you have other options, projects or opportunities to work on then concentrate on them first. I suspect a lot of the agencies are trying to pocket £150 - £200 per day from contractors through this new world of shafting long term professionals with breadth of knowledge who have, in the past, dedicated themself to quality output in projects.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  The new normal

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  What do you do with yourself these days? I assume you are not in work.

Comment

Originally posted by 1manshow View Post
                    No you didn’t, surely...
                    Almost...

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
                      Please tell me that that was not based in London!
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X