• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    This ‘thread’ is over 5,500 posts long and should be moved to general as it serves no useful purpose.
    No more useful than the typical DOOM threads that get posted there anyway.
    I find it very useful even though I have recently moved to perm. It gives me a bit of confirmation bias to make me feel better about permiedom, and serves as an indicator to when I can come back and get a contract.

Comment

^ Unless you can offer some unique skills / a product that others do not, there will not be much point to looking for something better in the coming year (or two). Here in Germany, a friend of mine who is a young graduate, is being put on the furlough scheme, extending into next year. The guy works at a tier 1 automotive supplier via an agency. All the verification work is being transferred over to Bangalore. Hopfully these are not ASIL-D certified product lines. So much for German Engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
        I find it very useful even though I have recently moved to perm. It gives me a bit of confirmation bias to make me feel better about permiedom, and serves as an indicator to when I can come back and get a contract.
        this thread is 90% why i come back to this forum

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
          this thread is 90% why i come back to this forum
          is the other 10% is for expert charting advice?

Comment

Seems to be a few NHS BI BA roles around Manchester over the last few weeks, usual NHS rates though. Just had another email from another agency.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
              Seems to be a few NHS BI BA roles around Manchester over the last few weeks, usual NHS rates though. Just had another email from another agency.
              It's more likely its a single role that's been represented by a raft of agencies as is often the case with PS roles.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                It's more likely its a single role that's been represented by a raft of agencies as is often the case with PS roles.
                And you know the market is bad when the different agencies start undercutting each other and the rate drops with each call.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Nope. PAS BI, ESR BI, Legacy migration, so different roles and different rates also.

Comment

Seems to be picking up out there.

4 roles offered to me in the last 24 hours.
                    2x via a contractor I've worked with before
                    1x via agent I've worked with before
                    1x via agency I've never worked through before, but I know the role and I'm not suitable as I don't speak Dutch.

All at reasonable rates.
                    Shame that 2 of the people I would recommend are currently working with me and the other guy I'd suggest is busy on a former client.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Seems to be picking up out there.

4 roles offered to me in the last 24 hours.
                      2x via a contractor I've worked with before
                      1x via agent I've worked with before
                      1x via agency I've never worked through before, but I know the role and I'm not suitable as I don't speak Dutch.

All at reasonable rates.
                      Shame that 2 of the people I would recommend are currently working with me and the other guy I'd suggest is busy on a former client.
                      Same - got a lead on a permie position, two cold contacts over LinkedIn (One normal contract, one a bit more of an unusual ad-hoc thing) and a lead on a possible contract through an old contact.

None are particularly firm or even close to being mine, but all that in one day next to weeks of pretty much nothing. Fingers crossed for all.

Comment

Working...
                      X