• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    Yeah I did because I was curious.



    I do see now it says office closed over christmas as well which brings it up to 29 days + bank holidays. I guess thats a bit better than average but hardly best in class. My wife got 33 days plus bank holidays at her last job.

    Their own document says average is 33.5 including bank so they're only 3.5 days above the average. I don't understand how someone could think 3.5 days above national average is best in class. I would probably use the term slightly above average rather then best in class.
    Welcome to the world of start-up English, where things are never quite what they seem.

    Comment


      Originally posted by 1manshow View Post
      BA/QA.
      congrats. what industry? im seeing the 100k roles perm go down to 80k (mid summer) and now its like 65k for a high level. Obviously negotiable. And im less affected, as moved from a mid summer role to a contract role at decent rates.

      Not to say boo, but id be suprised if a QA resource got paid more than a lead developer. Though i do rate quality BA / QA so dont take that as a slight!

      Comment


        Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
        Yeah I did because I was curious.



        I do see now it says office closed over christmas as well which brings it up to 29 days + bank holidays. I guess thats a bit better than average but hardly best in class. My wife got 33 days plus bank holidays at her last job.

        Their own document says average is 33.5 including bank so they're only 3.5 days above the average. I don't understand how someone could think 3.5 days above national average is best in class. I would probably use the term slightly above average rather then best in class.
        Thanks for the link.

        Yeah nothing particularly WOW about it but 37 days is quite generous for the UK, I think 40 is more the norm in France.

        33 + BH is very generous!
        Click here to come to the CUK Xmas do on 10 Dec! Meet your board heroes!

        Comment


          Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Thanks for the link.

          Yeah nothing particularly WOW about it but 37 days is quite generous for the UK, I think 40 is more the norm in France.

          33 + BH is very generous!
          Those extra days are usually for xmas, they just dont tell you this.

          Comment


            Originally posted by blade99 View Post
            congrats. what industry? im seeing the 100k roles perm go down to 80k (mid summer) and now its like 65k for a high level. Obviously negotiable. And im less affected, as moved from a mid summer role to a contract role at decent rates.

            Not to say boo, but id be suprised if a QA resource got paid more than a lead developer. Though i do rate quality BA / QA so dont take that as a slight!
            FS. I didn’t land it via normal channels (nor is it the usual BA/QA role) but it was by recommendation , prior to that I was actually contemplating on a QA 80k perm role I was offered but wasn’t looking forward to it due to mortgage implications. You can say I got lucky.

            Comment


              Originally posted by 1manshow View Post
              FS. I didn’t land it via normal channels (nor is it the usual BA/QA role) but it was by recommendation , prior to that I was actually contemplating on a QA 80k perm role I was offered but wasn’t looking forward to it due to mortgage implications. You can say I got lucky.
              nah, thats not lucky. you have a good client who respects your work

              Comment


                Now that the Brexit stress is over, is it now safe to say that the market will be returning back to normal ?
                Last edited by Destiny2; 29 December 2020, 21:15. Reason: spl mistake

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
                  Now that Brexit stress is over, is it now safe to say that the market will be returning back to normal ?
                  Yes, now that the Brexit sideshow is “done”, I’m sure we’ll move seamlessly through the existential crisis that is coming with IR35 reform.

                  Something about a pandemic too.

                  Comment


                    IR35 (in private sector) will not happen in 2021. What's your bet?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
                      Now that the Brexit stress is over, is it now safe to say that the market will be returning back to normal ?
                      Yup back to normal 600 a day for everyone

                      My phones off the hook


                      Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X