• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by eek View Post
    WTF has that to do with the contractor market - except for a few engineers that will need to train up on Nokia rather than Huawei technology
    I was blasted in into orbit for a video that talks about the-lockdown which affects us all, biggest contributor to the state of market

    anyway, I won't get much unemotional objective response from the technocrats in here.

    Comment


      Public sector is a good place to be at the moment. A bunch of us just got the nod for extensions into Q1 next year.

      Not all doom and gloom eh.

      Comment


        Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
        Public sector is a good place to be at the moment. A bunch of us just got the nod for extensions into Q1 next year.

        Not all doom and gloom eh.
        Something is definitely going on in public sector right now. Having quite a few chats about roles needing to be filled ASAP.

        Not worked in public sector much. Is this usually the time they review and sign off mid-year budgets or something?

        Comment


          Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          Something is definitely going on in public sector right now. Having quite a few chats about roles needing to be filled ASAP.

          Not worked in public sector much. Is this usually the time they review and sign off mid-year budgets or something?
          Maybe starting to get their act together to spend budget before end of March?

          Comment


            ...Speaking of which

            I've boomed-ish.

            6 month gig in PS, fully remote, outside IR35.
            No start date or paperwork yet, so it isn't 100% happening yet.
            Rate is a bit 7 years ago, but I'll take it.

            Comment


              Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              ...Speaking of which

              I've boomed-ish.

              6 month gig in PS, fully remote, outside IR35.
              No start date or paperwork yet, so it isn't 100% happening yet.
              Rate is a bit 7 years ago, but I'll take it.
              Getting your banana ready.

              Comment


                Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                Rate is a bit 7 years ago, but I'll take it.
                Depending on the currency, that could work out very well.
                {emotionless greeting}

                Three Word Slogan

                Comment


                  3 different phone calls today - all telling me the same thing - companies are cutting back and binning contractors early...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by eek View Post
                    3 different phone calls today - all telling me the same thing - companies are cutting back and binning contractors early...
                    heard yest, some seniors (permi i think) laid off

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by eek View Post
                      3 different phone calls today - all telling me the same thing - companies are cutting back and binning contractors early...
                      Sounds about right: mid-October, companies are already in Christmas mode and 2020 has been so cr4p they're all good and ready to call it a day for this year.

                      Finishing up my contract next month and the couple of times I've asked if an extension was on the table all I got was radio silence. I won't even ask anymore; all I'm doing at the moment is looking for a new role and preparing an handover for nobody as they're not replacing me. Happy days

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X